Question about ArtFx/Kotobukiya Statues

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Silas Tri, Sep 28, 2012.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Silas Tri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have recently started collecting these amazing model kits. Thus far I have (in the 1/10th scale) Darth Vader (Cloud City ver.), Boba Fett (Cloud City ver.), and Darth Maul (Phantom Menace ver.). Also, I have the Darth Maul light-up statue (in the 1/7th scale).

I am searching the web for others and I have found some that I very interested in, however, before I spend the money I want to make sure of something. My question is this: Are the ArtFx statues in the window box packaging the same quality and scale as the newer designs that come in the photo front boxes? The one I am looking at right now is the Sandtrooper Orange Vinyl Model Kit. It looks very nice, but there is no mention of scale. Is it 1/7, 1/10 or something else? It does mention that it is approx. 11" tall so I'm assuming that it would be 1/7th scale but again, it doesn't mention scale.

Any help is most appreciated.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I've got two of the Fett Kotos (Jango and Boba) but that's about it. I think both came in the window box packaging. I haven't bought any of the figures recently so can't really address the quality issue. On the scale question, Google searching brought up some eBay auctions that referred to the Sandtrooper figure being 1/7.
  3. Silas Tri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I think it must be 1/7th considering the height,etc. My only concern was that the older models might have been built at a completely different proportion. Thanks for the heads-up. I will check eBay and see what I can find out.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT