main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about audio: how-to

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JimBobCarl, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBobCarl

JimBobCarl Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    OK, I have a basic question, AFTER searching here at FF, Googled, infoseeked, etc. I am in post production of my FF short. I have a few audio clips of an actor, OFF screen that is, being a "radio transmission" type person form Alpha Base. I want to change the (not sure of the terminology here) voice so that it sounds like he is there at Alpha Base, while our main character is listening to his transmission. SO how is this effect made/rendered? At my disposal, I have Audacity, and I have access to Adobe Audition, But would prefer any help from the former (Audacity), since it is installed on my comp here. Anyone? Thanks for any help at all ahead of time, JBC.

2. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Radio transmissions do not have as dynamic a range as in-person speech. So adjust the audio levels to have significantly less treble and bass. That usually does the trick.
    Add a burst of static before and after each new transmission for added realism.

3. maul2

maul2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    You might try adding a VERY sutble(Spl?) static noise underneath just give it that radio feel, so it isn't crisp and clear.

4. JimBobCarl

JimBobCarl Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    Which Program?

5. noron

noron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2007
    Audacity works if you are low budget (and even if you are not). I use Adobe premier, but you can use Audacity just fine for what you are doing.

6. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I recommend GoldWave. It kicks some serious bootay.

7. DavidScJr

DavidScJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Good suggestions. FYI - The audio term for adding an effect to an ordinary voice is "futz". Just thought you might like to know.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.