main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about autograph coupons

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthShona, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    How do you go about buying these? Is there like a booth or table in front of the autograph area or something? :confused: If so, how were the lines?

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    LOL. The lines everwhere were bad.

Last time they had a booth set up next to the autograph area where you bought your coupons, then you entered the area and picked which celebrities you wanted to get autographs from.

3. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    I know a number of people who actually just spent the whole day getting autographs and not going to anything else.

Didn't they have an option last time where you could just pay for them ahead of time and then you'd receive them in the mail later w/o having to stand in line? I know there's no fun in that, but I'm just throwing that out there as an option.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The "Pull Service" was where you could buy any or all of the autographs (non-personalized, on the C2 photos only) and then pick them up later in the weekend or via mail, depending on when you ordered them.

Prices were $15 per coupon, or 10 for $120, regardless if you had them pulled or gotten yourself.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah everything was pretty cool for the autographs last time.

The only big lines I remember were for Carrie Fisher (she had her own room seperate from everyone else signing) and David Prowse.

It was done well I thought I can't wait to go back and get some ones I don't have.

Any speculation on the prices yet?

6. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Okay, thanks you guys. :)

The only major one I plan to go after (for now at least) is Hayden's.

EDIT: How long were the lines and wait for coupons?

7. hofie

Jun 12, 2002
    Hayden didn't sign autographs last time.

8. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    "The "Pull Service" was where you could buy any or all of the autographs (non-personalized, on the C2 photos only) and then pick them up later in the weekend or via mail, depending on when you ordered them."

Ahh.. see that sounds perfect for me. I would not mind having the autographed pics, but don't want to waste the day away. I don't need to glad-hand with them either or get other stuff signed or personalized, so this sounds like a GREAT service to me.

I never knew about this. Thanks for the info.

Doc

9. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    That is a good service. I just might take advantage of that, depending on what other events they're planning (if we'll EVER get updates...) to save some time. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one reason why Hayden was so elusive at C2 (allegedly wearing the stormtrooper helmet, no autographs, etc.) because he wanted to enjoy his last few weeks of anonymity before AOTC came out and then everyone would recognize him? I can understand why he'd want that, but if he does in fact come to C3, do you think he'd be more willing to participate in those things? If he doesn't, I won't be disappointed; like I've said before, I'll be thrilled to meet/see anybody. :)

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, I don't know what his reasons were, but he, Tem Morrison, Daniel Logan, and maybe a few other stars also opted not to sign anything. They just came to do the few panels and that was that.

Hayden walking around in the trooper helmet is true, but I think it was more of a goof to see if he could get away with it, rather than preserving his anonymity. I think his brother might have been walking around with him at the time too.

Believe me, if there's one place in the world anyone associated with SW wants to preserve any bit of anonymity, Celebration is not the place to be. :p

11. hofie

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, I remember seeing pics of someone standing with Hayden with a trooper helmet on. I think he even got in the giant figure case too. Wonder where those are...

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I think he even got in the giant figure case too.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

13. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    I hope they?ll do the "Pull Service" again for C3.
    This will be my first time so I wouldn?t like to spend all my time waiting in lines only for autographs. Although there is one autograph I hope to get in person... Jimmy Smits.
    Does anyone know if he will be signing autographs at C3?

14. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm with you, Bail!

Who were the celebs at C2 who DID sign autographs?

I think he even got in the giant figure case too.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "How long were the lines and wait for coupons?"

I waited about 55-60 minutes in the line for the coupons on Sunday morning. And then another Hour and a half until I could get in for the autographs themselves. So,I'd plan on saving 3 hours out total to get you autographs. I got 5 autographs last time,but if you get more,the longer it will take. :)

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    C2 Autographers:

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
    Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
    David Prowse (Darth Vader)
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
    Warwick Davis (Wicket, Wald, Weazel, and then some)
    Shannon Baska (Decipher?s Mara Jade)
    Phil Brown (Owen Lars - OT)
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett -OT)
    Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel )
    Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
    Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piett)
    Julian Glover (General Veers)
    Paul Blake (Greedo)
    Peter Diamond (The Tuskin Raider, OT Stunt Coordinator)
    Rusty Goffe (Gonk Power Droid)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
    Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)
    William Hootkins (Jek Porkins)
    Ian Liston (Wes Janson)
    Angus MacInnes (Gold Leader)
    Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli)
    Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee)
    Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
    John Hollis (Lobot)
    Mike Edmonds (Logray)
    Bruce Boa (General Rieekan)
    Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna)
    Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb)
    Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar)
    Femi Taylor (Oola)
    Silas Carson (Nute Gunray, Ki-Adi-Mundi)
    Alan Ruscoe (Plo Koon-Ep1, Daultay Dofine)
    Jerome Blake (Rune Haako, Mas Amedda, and then some)
    Bonnie Piesse (Beru Whitesun - PT)

Came, but didn't officially sign:
    Anthony Daniels, Master of Ceremonies (C-3PO)
    Hayden Christensen (Anakin Ep2)
    Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)
    Joel Edgerton (Owen Lars)
    Daniel Logan (Boba Fett AOTC)

17. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I waited about 55-60 minutes in the line for the coupons on Sunday morning. And then another Hour and a half until I could get in for the autographs themselves. So,I'd plan on saving 3 hours out total to get you autographs. I got 5 autographs last time,but if you get more,the longer it will take.

*Han* Doesn't sound so bad. ;)

Thanks for the list, Sebulba. Man, I hope Hootkins comes to C3! My dad and I love Porkins LOL!!

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I hope the autograph area is a little more open next time. At C2, it wasn't so much that they were incredibly long lines, it's just that the auto area was cramped and tended to make lines for different celebs cross each other. My friend and I inadvertently broke into the Billy Dee Williams line because it crossed David Prowse's line, which then started a second BDW line behind us. Fortunately we got it all sorted out quickly before it got out of hand. But I hope we have a little more room to work this time.

I'm more of a "get the autograph in person" type of guy. I tend to cherish the memory of meeting the person more than the autograph itself. Sure, most of them tend to be quick handshakes and "move along," but you can also end up chatting with really nice guys like Michael Sheard and Richard LaParmentier who are so nice to the fans.

19. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm more of a "get the autograph in person" type of guy. I tend to cherish the memory of meeting the person more than the autograph itself. Sure, most of them tend to be quick handshakes and "move along," but you can also end up chatting with really nice guys like Michael Sheard and Richard LaParmentier who are so nice to the fans.

That's how I am. I get a huge rush meeting someone famous (esp. from SW! ;) )

20. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "*Han* Doesn't sound so bad."

Yeah,it's not too bad. And it pays off since you get to meet famous people. :D

"but you can also end up chatting with really nice guys like Michael Sheard and Richard LaParmentier who are so nice to the fans."

Yeah,Richard LaParmentier is cool. I met him at D*C 2003,and he was really nice to me and my local SW club. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.