main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about EL blades

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by tun_dot_com, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    I've noticed that on the top, there is always one of those orange cap things on the end of the blade. It looks so ugly!! Is there anyway to take it off, so it doesn't take away from the believeabilty of the blade? Having that little cap makes the entire thing look bad. :(

2. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    The caps do come off, but that leaves a hole in the top. It still looks ok without it, but I wouldn't go swinging it around too much.
    Luckily on the one that I have, the cap is clear in color, so I don't have to worry about it.

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You can either use a clear cap to protect the end of the blade, not use a cap at all (not necessary), or fill the end with a small dab of clear silicon (which you can find at pet stores for aquariums)

4. Ahhnuld

Ahhnuld Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Ahhhh, TUN!
    We meet again!
    My blades do not have a cap on the end. It is filled with clear silicon that allows the light to show though, as well as keeping a slim linear profile, as opposed to a bulbous cap on the end.
    :)

Your friend,

The Sabermaster

5. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Ahhnuld,

When are your new designs coming out? I'm waiting to see the new ones before I order.

Tengu

6. Ahhnuld

Nov 16, 2002
    Hey Tengu,
    I have the first 2 that will be ready to ship this Friday. Have you seen them?
    The next two I am working on will take about 2-3 months in design and prototyping. Unfortunately, when creating a from scratch saber, it does take a while to transform it from idea to "in hand".

7. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes I have as a matter of fact and both look awesome. My favorite so far though is the Intrepid. I really want to see what the new ones are gonna look like..
    My luck is I'll buy one now and like one of the new ones better.. lol.

8. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Hey Ahhnuld! :D Just wondering, do your sabers make sounds? If not, would you even consider doing it? :D

9. Ahhnuld

Nov 16, 2002
    Tengu,
    The next design will be more rounded in design, as opposed to using hoods, so they will be quite different. The emitters will have a round heatsink type apperance.

Tun,
    I currently have an adapter that allows you to use the Lightech Sound Module with my sabers. In the near future, I will be developing a end cap that looks more integrated, and will house the sound components.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.