Question Question About Fan Art Request

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Pearlsaber, Apr 19, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Pearlsaber Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would like to request a drawing/painting for my avatar here one JCF. I visited the Fan Art board and it showed that the request section was closed for maintenance. Is it appropriate to start a new topic on the Fan Art Board or do I need to wait until the request section is open again? It seems that it has been closed for some time now and I would like to interact with some of the artists here at JCF. What would you recommend I do? Thanks :)
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    First: Good that you ask! :)

Second: Best thing would be to contact the mod of FanArt. She knows when it'll be re-opened again or if it's appropriated to start a new thread.

In addition, if you would like to have a certain icon, @NYCitygurl, who were the icon-manager back in the days, might have another idea. So maybe sending her a PM would help as well.

I hope this helps. :)
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    @Pearlsaber: Let us know when its posted so that we can check out your work.
  4. Pearlsaber Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Cool. Thanks for your replies. I sent a PM to @Corellian_Outrider so I'm sure I will figure it out shortly. :)
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    CO is definitely the guy to ask about the Fan Art! If you need any help icons-wise (though it looks like you've got it figured out), shhot me a message or ask here :)
    Skiara likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Regarding the Fan Art Request thread, it has been closed for restructuring. The decision behind that is to improve the format for both the requester and the artists and during this period individual requests threads are still not allowed. I understand that it must be frustrating to wait but it should benefit everyone in the end.

I will add that there will be a trial period for the new format in a few weeks time, there is no set date as of yet for it but it will be made known closer to release. Thank you again for your patience. :)
    Skiara and Pearlsaber like this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Huh...that could be useful for me. Had no idea such a thread existed...
Moderators: Skiara