main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Question about future Star Wars movies

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by greytstar, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greytstar

greytstar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    I´ve just red in a Bloomberg article literally: "The studio (Disney) has as many as five more “Star Wars” films in the works.", I wonder if there´s more information on this because I couldn´t find it. 2 of them are obviously epysode VIII and IX, but the other 3??. Epysode VII suggests a lot of stories about the previous 30 years after the last movie, similar to "A New Hope", but are there information if the other 3 films would be prequels to Epysode VII (the film numbering would be confusing in this case) , sequels to epysode IX or maybe a different story spin off like the clone wars?? If they have them in the works they must know at least where they´re going but was this somehow aready made public?? thanks

2. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    There are 3 anthology films being made. One will come out next year called Rouge One about how the rebles stole the death star plans. One of the others is a young Han Solo adventure and the 3rd looks to be a Boba Fett movie.

-C

3. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    The anthology movies will water down the Star Wars saga. Bad idea.

Blast_Door likes this.
  4. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    They'll make the wait between the saga films easier for me.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Do you mean when I watch ESB that I will begin drowning?

ShaneP likes this.
  6. greytstar

greytstar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Thanks for the info, I´d loved to see more stories with maybe different characters but in a more distant time in the past/future like 1000 years in the star wars universe like some video games, but we´ll see how those 3 are

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

[face_laugh]

What Disney is doing is front loading the Anthology series with more familiar characters and timelines(Rogue One between ROTS and ANH) to create momentum and financial success to carry them through the riskier ones with completely new characters and timelines.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.