Question about Han's Theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DaveNelson, Oct 20, 2013.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. DaveNelson Jedi Youngling

Hey guys. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum but its a music/video game question. I'm pretty sure there are some on here who are as old as me, but let me take you back for a second because this question has dogged me for a while and I have not been able to figure this out myself.

On the Star Wars NES game (I hope some of you remember this), when you would select Han, a certain theme would play. It would sound like Dah dah..da da dah duh, and repeat until it reached a kinda fast part. It even played during the Asteroid sequence before the Death Star level. I know most of the music in the game was based on the soundtracks but I haven't been able to identify which particular song on the soundtrack this is based on. I loved the NES version but would like to hear the whole version in orchestral version. Does anyone who knows more than I about this be able to tell me which track this is of? I know its pretty short in the game since it repeats but I really liked when it got faster and I cannot place what track this is. Can anybody help me out?
    Last edited by DaveNelson, Oct 20, 2013
  2. DaveNelson Jedi Youngling

if it helps, here is a link to the particular theme I'm referring to on youtube. I tried to edit my previous message but couldn't get it to let me type and add it, so please pardon the quick add on post..the part about 20+ seconds into it I want to say is a different theme that might be a different track in the soundtrack, but I don't remember it being on the soundtrack I have so that may be why I'm having such a hard time trying to pin this down and why I have appealed to you folks for help if you would be so kind.

Last edited by DaveNelson, Oct 20, 2013
  3. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The second part sounds similar to "Wookiee Prisoner"/"Detention Block Ambush". The first part is definitely "Han Solo & The Princess". The second part could be made up.
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, the first part is definitely "Han Solo And The Princess".

In the future-we have a thread stickied at the top of the forum for this kind of question :D. Welcome to the forum!
  5. DaveNelson Jedi Youngling

"Han Solo & The Princess", dang I knew I should have recognized that part. Well, I kinda did anyway. I knew I had heard that part but couldn't name the track it specifically was. The second half though was the part I was really wanting to hear the orchestral version...or even an extended verison if I could figure out if it was really based on a track or an "inspired by" kinda track.

And DarthBoba, my apologies. I didn't even see that thread until after I had posted this.

And maybe this is another dumb question, but this track didn't end up in the Super Star Wars games did it? I remember playing those games but they kinda blend together since I spent more time on NES than SNES and those two NES Star Wars games were all I had for a long time.
  6. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    You'll have to search Youtube for walkthroughs of that game. Though Nintendo just came out and said that they're taking those down, because of copyright claims and ad revenue issues. I don't have any "Star Wars" game, so I cannot help you there.
Moderators: Darth_Nub