main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about Han's Theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DaveNelson, Oct 20, 2013.

1. DaveNelson

DaveNelson Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2013
    Hey guys. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum but its a music/video game question. I'm pretty sure there are some on here who are as old as me, but let me take you back for a second because this question has dogged me for a while and I have not been able to figure this out myself.

On the Star Wars NES game (I hope some of you remember this), when you would select Han, a certain theme would play. It would sound like Dah dah..da da dah duh, and repeat until it reached a kinda fast part. It even played during the Asteroid sequence before the Death Star level. I know most of the music in the game was based on the soundtracks but I haven't been able to identify which particular song on the soundtrack this is based on. I loved the NES version but would like to hear the whole version in orchestral version. Does anyone who knows more than I about this be able to tell me which track this is of? I know its pretty short in the game since it repeats but I really liked when it got faster and I cannot place what track this is. Can anybody help me out?

2. DaveNelson

Oct 20, 2013
    if it helps, here is a link to the particular theme I'm referring to on youtube. I tried to edit my previous message but couldn't get it to let me type and add it, so please pardon the quick add on post..the part about 20+ seconds into it I want to say is a different theme that might be a different track in the soundtrack, but I don't remember it being on the soundtrack I have so that may be why I'm having such a hard time trying to pin this down and why I have appealed to you folks for help if you would be so kind.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The second part sounds similar to "Wookiee Prisoner"/"Detention Block Ambush". The first part is definitely "Han Solo & The Princess". The second part could be made up.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, the first part is definitely "Han Solo And The Princess".

In the future-we have a thread stickied at the top of the forum for this kind of question :D. Welcome to the forum!

5. DaveNelson

Oct 20, 2013
    "Han Solo & The Princess", dang I knew I should have recognized that part. Well, I kinda did anyway. I knew I had heard that part but couldn't name the track it specifically was. The second half though was the part I was really wanting to hear the orchestral version...or even an extended verison if I could figure out if it was really based on a track or an "inspired by" kinda track.

And DarthBoba, my apologies. I didn't even see that thread until after I had posted this.

And maybe this is another dumb question, but this track didn't end up in the Super Star Wars games did it? I remember playing those games but they kinda blend together since I spent more time on NES than SNES and those two NES Star Wars games were all I had for a long time.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You'll have to search Youtube for walkthroughs of that game. Though Nintendo just came out and said that they're taking those down, because of copyright claims and ad revenue issues. I don't have any "Star Wars" game, so I cannot help you there.