main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about Jacen in DJ (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SkYwAlKeR15, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkYwAlKeR15

SkYwAlKeR15 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    How did Jacen supposably die in DJ?

2. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    It was death by monkey.

JMA

3. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    ok sure.....

Any way, he "supposedly" dies, though its not for sure. The Jedi felt a great wave of pain form Jacen and assumed he was dead. Kyp even saud/thought that he though no one could survive this pain and it would be preferable to die than to experience it.

BUT, no one actually saw him die and Leia insists that he is alive.....

4. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Personally, I think he's alive- its too big an event to just mention in a novel and not actually depict- Can you imagine if anakin's death was just mentioned??

I won't believe he's dead until we actually see a body or a portrayal of his death in the next novel.

5. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    "The Jedi felt a great wave of pain form Jacen and assumed he was dead."

It wasn't the pain alone that caused everyone to believe he was dead. The way the pain, and Jacen's presence along with it, suddenly cut off is what led to the belief that he is dead.

6. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I think it was death by lawn nome.
    or maybe a small man named murphy

7. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    "Dead" could have a different meaning. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that Jacen my be dead spiritually, but not physically? I bet we'll see Jacen again, but not as Jacen, if you catch my meaning.

8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Of course Jacen isn't dead They wouldn't kill him in just a few sentences like that.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Jacen is most definitely not dead.

10. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    You can tell he's not dead the way you could tell Gandalf didn't die in FotR.

Major characters never die without a good reason ;)

11. Crow_T_Fett

Crow_T_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    I thought DJ was great, but the whole "Oh no, Jacen's dead" plot device was pretty weak, I thought. Not EC's fault, she had to work with what they gave her, but I believed Jacen was dead about as much as I believed Senator Palpatine and Darth Sidious were two different people in TPM. (Oops, hope I didn't spoil that for anyone :D ).

As much as the Vong - and Tsavong Lah in particular - want their twin sacrifice, we're supposed to believe they'd kill Jacen, just like that?

Umm, sorry, not buying it...

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Gandalf technically did die in FOTR, though. :D He was just brought back to life.

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Resurrected and elevated to Gandalf the White. I just finished recently listening to the audio drama to LoTR, and my dad has owned a copy for as long as I can remember, he's been reading the books even before he got the copy I mentioned (it appears to be a leather bound copy with a jewel encrusted tree that has a sleeve to put it in when not being read, my mother gave it to him sometime after I was born) He explained the deal last summer concerning Gandalf coming back.

14. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    The Author of the book had Han say a couple of times that he trusts Leia in believing Jacen isn't dead. I think this was a big wink wink to us readers. A big hint that we should follow Han's lead in this. Leia is his mother. I doubted her about Anakin and was wrong. I will not doubt her about Jacen.

15. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Jacen is in no way shape or form dead. They would not do that to two of the Solo children.

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Hay if the war master really wants that great twin sacrafice, where they have to fight each other until one of them dies, then I think that Jacen is not dead, I don't feel like it will just happen this way. I think that they will use Jacen to get Jaina to come to them. Knowing that her brother is still alive, she will be likely to go and free him.

17. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    When will the universe end and destroy this monstrosity called NJO?

18. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    but the whole "Oh no, Jacen's dead" plot device was pretty weak, I thought
    That was about the only part of the book I found remotely interesting though! :p

Not sure if anyone will even mention Jacen in the next two books!

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    When will the universe end and destroy this monstrosity called NJO?

When pigs fly and hell freezes over.

20. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Of course Jacen's dead. They said he was. Leia is just in denial. He was probably killed trying to escape or trying to kill Tsavong Lah. We probably won't hear anything about it until that book that's gonna be about him. Until then we might get clues and such just to pique our interest. But Jacen is dead.

Hey, I couldn't just agree with everyone else, could I? Go against the grain! Stay off of bandwagons! Be different!

:D :D :D :D :D

21. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I doubt Jacen is dead. He's probably just being tortured by Tsavong Lah for what he did to him in BP and he reaches out for help. The sudden cut off is just Ysalimari being put into place so he can't use his jedi powers to help himself or inform anyone where he was, IMO.

Or this could all be an ilaborate ruse by the warmaster to make them think Jacen is dead so Jaina will rush in to get revenge.

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Hey Fire Ice ~~ Pigs fly in Cincinnati, Hey We're halfway there.

I agree with the general thought that Jacen couldn't be dead. And now that I think about it that idead that a Ysalamiri was brought in sounds quite reasonable. Especially with it's resemblence to when Luke thought that Mara was dead in Visions. Her presence was just temporarily cut off by the Ysalamiri.

Although you must say it was quite cunning and a little (ehhh i don't want to say rude) but cliffhanger-esque, that the last line was somehting to the effect that "Well he might not have surrvived after all. . ."

Survived what? I think they might be trying to shape him kinda the way they didn Tahari.

Just my two creds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.