Discussions Question about Jedi's view on Slavery

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by TVann, Feb 9, 2013.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Just have to say that slavery was outlawed in the British Empire before the regain of Queen Victoria, and I am not certain about your facts regarding Roman slavery but I am no expert on Rom so lets lit up the @GrandAdmiralJello signal instead
  2. twowolves Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Then there's the Weequay... lol That's a whole other subject right there.

Edit: Much of the information of the Romans I learned from reading the Masters of Rome series of tomes by Colleen McCullough. The first book, First Man In Rome, is an excellent intro into the details of everyday Roman life, and I truly believe that many Star Wars fans would enjoy it for the amount of historically accurate detail she includes in her stories.

Also, you're right about Victorian England. That would have been King George, I think, in the Colonial times...that was slavery at its worst, completely distinct from the indentured servitude Romans often utilized (though they did practice slavery, too).
    Last edited by twowolves, Oct 29, 2013
  3. zompusbite Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    @zompusbite For them to try to change something like that directly... they'd probably be shot or stabbed or something. They are NOT in a position of authority by any means. Even Jedi respect that they are not the be-all and end-all in every situation. Therefore it is a bit confusing why you would bring up this situation where they have no power to illustrate your point. If they had the chance they would probably do something about it. But clearly they have no say and it looks like they are on a specific mission.
    zompusbite likes this.
  5. zompusbite Jedi Knight

star 1

Don't misunderstand me, BultarSwan, i showed the picture to illustrate exactly what you said above. I agree with you, the Jedi are have moral authority and nothing else. They are not here to rule but to advice and preserve peace.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth