main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about Kyle

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Horn, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Horn

Jedi_Horn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I am starting a fanfic that is based on Kyle Katarn during the NJO. It will be about he is back on duty in the NR and is leading a special op. unit (like the navy SEALs). I have two main questions.

1) What would Kyle's ranl be around the time of Traitor or DW?

2) Does Kyle have a known apprentice?

When I'm done I'll put a link in my biio so you can all read it.

EDIT: 3) Jan and Kyle are still together right? If so, do they have any kids?

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    His unit could even be a freelance squad, mercenaries like Elscol Loro/Sixtus Quin from The Bacta war, and the Red Moons commandoes in Tales of the Empire. Independent of the New Republic, but allied to it.

That could be in keeping with his rogue and independant ties. Just a proposal!

3. Armand_Stormchaser

Armand_Stormchaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    1) What would Kyle's ranl be around the time of Traitor or DW?

2) Does Kyle have a known apprentice?

When I'm done I'll put a link in my biio so you can all read it.

EDIT: 3) Jan and Kyle are still together right? If so, do they have any kids?

1. Hard to say. I would assume that he has stayed a part of the Jedi Order, which may have taken up enough time so as to prevent him from gaining significant rank. I envision him as a Major or Colonel perhaps; remember he'll have to be of reasonable rank if he's to be involved in action in your stroy ;)

2. Being as he is the "Outcast" of the Jedi, I doubt it. That doesn't mean, though, that he doesn't. I think that this would be a great venue for you to explore in a story. Go for it! :)

3. I'd guess they're probably married. And maybe they do have kids. Heck, maybe one of those kids is Kyles apprentice. Outcast is in the blood, ya know? ;) :D

4. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    Excellence: This would be a good idea but I would like to have him be called out of retirement (like COrran, Wedge, Tycho, Ackbar, and so many others). Plus how would he get all his goodies that way ;)

Armand_Stormchaser The NEGTC says that he came back to the Force and became a combat instructor at the academy. It then says many of his students fought at Ithor, Obroa-Ski, and Gyndine, many of them dieing. I don't know if this refers to student at the academy (which I'm guessing it does) or apprentices. I just figured some where down the road he would get an apprentice, many other of the old Jedi did.

And also what type of blaster pistol does he use all the time?

5. Armand_Stormchaser

Armand_Stormchaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    Good point Jedi_Horn, but I was leaving a difference between "student" and "apprentice". A student is what I would consider one who learns from a teacher for a set amount of time, while an apprentice is the sole charge and responsibility of the master until such time that the apprentice has enough knowledge to garner his way in the world. A student of Kyle's, for example, might learn basic lightsaber skills from him, then move onto Kam Solusar or someone for advanced training. An apprentice would work, live, and follow Kyle until that apprentice is qualified to become a Knight. :)

6. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    I agree...I'm just saying it's been stated that after a while the old teachers took on apprentices (Mara-Jania, Kyp-Mico(sp)) I was just wondering if when Kyle left he took on one...if he didn't officaly I can always unofficaly make one for hime, it's sorta importet that he has one.

7. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    And in what, if any, NJO book does the battle of Obroa-Ski take place? I've read them all but i don't remeber it, I remeber hearing somthing about Obroa-Ski falling but not reading about it.

8. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
  9. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    Thank you Strum.

Lock away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.