main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Question about lightsabers and Force-imbued blades

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    So I'm asking this to be sure, but in a fight between a Force-imbued blade and a lightsaber, how long would the force-imbued blase stand against a lightsaber? With the blade being crafted with the Force and a fuse of an energy crystal with metal material, I'm not sure how it would fare against a lightsaber. I remember reading the Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor book, there was a fight where one character used a blade made from sith alchemy which clashed with a lightsaber, and didn't break or get cut into pieces. In an RPG scenario how should a force imbued blade fare against a lightsaber?

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it's Force-imbued so... ostensibly as long as it needs to?

3. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    I guess...anyone else have an idea how this scenario would work out? In LSSOM it seemed the blade wouldn't break but the battle didn't take that long.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    If it's Force-imbued you'd think it'd last as long as the wielder was concentrating on channelling the Force into it. Alternatively, if the blade is acting as a type of battery for the Force, then it comes down to how big that battery is, how much it's been charged up, and how much energy it expends with every strike. I don't think there's really any calculus around for this sort of thing, it's just plot-dependent for the most part.

5. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    That makes the most sense to me. As long as a Force-user is using it, channeling the Force, it shouldn't break upon any impact with a lightsaber, but if a non Force-user is using it or it isn't being used at all, it would get cut like a banana.

6. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Actually the Tales of the Jedi sourcebook from WEG had quite a bit of ressource-material on the force-imbued blades made through Sith alchemy. Actually before the sourcebook I only remember seeing them, but never were they truly explained to us. In the "TotJ: Dark Lords of the Sith" series the first ever character . . . Leeto . . . used one to fight Ulic Qel-Droma I believe.

The WEG book said they are practically indestructible, therefore withstanding lightsabers without suffering from it.

7. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    I would think theoretically forever.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    What Sir_Draco said. Also Force-imbued blades are not imbued with the Force upon usage like one would when activating a lightsaber. They are imbued upon crafting, so the "enchantment" is permanent. So a non-Force user would still have an indestructible and very keen blade.

I do believe the Jedi Order also have the knowledge of Force Forging so the imbued weapons are not just strictly Sith.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My 2 creds: if it's mystically forged as a Force-imbued blade, the effect is more or less permanent. But if it's a random stick that a Jedi grabs after his sabre breaks, it will only last as long as he channels the Force into it.