Question about materials used in Aayla Secura costume?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StormyHaze, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. StormyHaze Jedi Padawan

Hey all! I, like others before me, am putting together an Aayla Secura costume. I have put in many a hour of research into all aspects of what goes into the costume. But one thing I simply cant find any information on is the material used for Aayla's shirt/vest/ headpiece (the clothing, not lekku). Sure, i've seen some pretty good paint on pattern shirts, but I want to know what was there in the movie. I've taken photos into a few leather shops and they cant be sure of the materials, but I figure that there are some die hard fans that might know. :]

Thank you so much to anyone that took the time to read and possibly answer my question.

So far ive got the names of the
    Costume Supervisor: Gillian Libber.
    Lead seamstress: Barbara Hartman-Jenichen
    Leather craftsman: Alan Peterson
  2. Avalonn Jedi Padawan

hey stormyhaze, I am making a Aayla Secura costume too, and i looked into purchasing alligator or croc skin leather (faux leather) for some of the costume peices. Though I looked into the other pieces which would be a type of lycra, but thats all the research i've come up with so far. Hope it helps. I am almost done with the leekus, so I am about to get more into researching the costuming parts. I'll let you know if i fin out anything els. Good luck, have fun. I added a website, that i found was close to the costume.

http://fakefauxfurfabric.com/display.asp?c1=Fabric&book=798
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.