main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Question about materials used in Aayla Secura costume?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StormyHaze, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormyHaze

StormyHaze Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2010
    Hey all! I, like others before me, am putting together an Aayla Secura costume. I have put in many a hour of research into all aspects of what goes into the costume. But one thing I simply cant find any information on is the material used for Aayla's shirt/vest/ headpiece (the clothing, not lekku). Sure, i've seen some pretty good paint on pattern shirts, but I want to know what was there in the movie. I've taken photos into a few leather shops and they cant be sure of the materials, but I figure that there are some die hard fans that might know. :]

Thank you so much to anyone that took the time to read and possibly answer my question.

So far ive got the names of the
    Costume Supervisor: Gillian Libber.
    Lead seamstress: Barbara Hartman-Jenichen
    Leather craftsman: Alan Peterson

2. Avalonn

Avalonn Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2010
    hey stormyhaze, I am making a Aayla Secura costume too, and i looked into purchasing alligator or croc skin leather (faux leather) for some of the costume peices. Though I looked into the other pieces which would be a type of lycra, but thats all the research i've come up with so far. Hope it helps. I am almost done with the leekus, so I am about to get more into researching the costuming parts. I'll let you know if i fin out anything els. Good luck, have fun. I added a website, that i found was close to the costume.

http://fakefauxfurfabric.com/display.asp?c1=Fabric&book=798

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.