1. Happy Halloween!

Question Question about rankings on the boards

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by wookiedookie, Feb 28, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. darth ladnar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Actually, I'm curious about 1 thing. Can people besides me see that I wrote -- "Wanted to add "Yep, it works. (Read below)" to show that I know how to edit a post" -- as the reason for my edit below that post, or is that something only I can see?
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    This is what I can see:
    The edti-stamp can be seen by everyone, because it's very useful to know when a thread got edited (it explains lots of things like one has overseen an obvious link for example :p ).

I hope this helps. :)

Edit: Usually, when there was no "edit reason field", it got just edited in like this one. ;)
    (And I just wondered how we did quote when there was no quote function... :confused: I think it was just c/p and using italics...)
    Last edited by Skiara, Apr 19, 2013
    darth ladnar likes this.
  3. darth ladnar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Thanks for your replies and this info. Your friendliness and helpfulness give the forums the feeling of a welcoming community.
  4. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    You're welcome! :)

Just another advice... You don't need to quote someone all the time. Especially not if the post you're reffering to is on the same page as yours (your answer). If you want to make sure, that the original poster (in this case me) gets a notification, then it's enough to tag that person by posting an @ infront of the username (like @Skiara). If you quote one like above, the threads looks puffed up. In additon the reader needs to go down through the whole post to find the new text (not that much work, but it can be smarter... and it's annoying, if you read it on smartphones or other small screens). :)

Edit: If you're quoting a post from a few pages ago, it's also helpful to quote only the part that is important. :)
    Last edited by Skiara, Apr 24, 2013
Moderators: Skiara