main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about ROTJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by halibut, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    It is jumping instead of joining the dark side. I think a lot of Jedi would do the same thing.

Yes, I can tell you are not a big Luke fan. That's ok. I am not a big Han Solo fan.

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Yes, that's the thing. He wanted to die instead of joining. But he couldn't. He survived.
    That, or thinking "Oh, I rather jump down there. Maybe I'll survive. That would be cool." is just as bad

3. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "But Luke relied pretty heavily on dumb luck throughout the trilogy."

"I think you mean Han did. Most of the time Luke wasn't that impulsive or lucky."

I think you guys mean both of them. :D

CT- Luke does what?!

CT- Luke's fleeing the wampa cave was idiotic.

CT- There is another. Han Solo is also a Jedi

CT- How could Han NOT believe in The Force?

"Of course he controlled his fall into one of the tubes, once he saw them. Did he know they were there? I doubt it. They didn't look like tubes to me from up there where Vader beat him."

This scenario has been debated to no small extent here. ;)

4. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    The grating does not open and Luke fell through a trap door not the grating. I think it would have been cool to see him use the Force to hurl the rock at the control panel to kill the Rancor so it can echo Maul's move in TPM. There is a scene where he jumps up to the grating and his hands are hit with the butts of blaster rifles, I think GL should put that in since it was put in the original movie novel.

I think he figured what can they do anyway? He seemed to like Han in ANH so maybe he wanted the old Corellian to spend his last moments with his firstmate.

The Gamorrean screw up is possible as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.