main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about Sidious' saber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by garyTHX, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyTHX

garyTHX Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    when Darth Sidious (or Palpatine at the time) fights Mace Windu.. he loses his lightsabre when Mace kicks him down..you clearly see it fly out the broken window.

Then later, Yoda arrives to challenge Sidious and then they stand off "if so powerful are you.. why leave?", then Sidious (magnificently) whips out his saber and ignites it in the best way in SW history, however, where did this new saber come from? He lost his previously!

I am new poster here, so this might have been discussed for all I know, can anyone shed some wisdom?

Thanks!

Strilo edit: Just so you know, threads pertaining solely to ROTS go in the ROTS forum.

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    As far as I know, Palpatine had built two lightsabers. He just never used them both at the same time.

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Did you watch the OT , the same happend with look when he fought Vader, he had a new one in ROTJ . I also think that the Emperor of the sith woul have another one .

4. garyTHX

garyTHX Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    yeah i know Luke had a new, thats because he constructed one.. 'your skills are complete'.

But I didnt see or hear of Palpatine constructing a new between killing Mace and meeting Yoda.. so yeah he must have had 2, but this was never mentioned on any website, publicity or interviews about the movie, and i dont think its used a secret suprise, because I doubt if anyone even thought twice when he whipped out another one to fight Yoda.. cos I didnt the first time I saw it, or even the 4/5 times, but i just watched the DVD tonight and it caught me.

5. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    sinner.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The novelization says the saber he fought Yoda with was a backup.

7. OX-FAN-WHO

OX-FAN-WHO Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2003
    he called 1-800-sabre4u.
    they offer speedy delivery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.