main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about some cgi stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darkmouse, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmouse

darkmouse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
  2. darkmouse

Jul 21, 2002
    My bad I sent that too early. anyway I was wonering if there was a CGI artist living around Los Angeles who would be willing to help out in an upcoming fan film that will shoot in September and October.

3. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Help you, huh? In what we must we "help" you? Or does this "help" mean doing EVERYTHING for you?

Carl

4. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    *uses jedi mind trick on carl*

relax...

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Wow. Newbies busting newbies. Agreed, relax. The guy asked nice enough.

I'd help if I was closer and if I knew anything about CG. ;)

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Believe it or not ... I agree with GrnJalera on this one.
    The guy didn't say he wanted a CGI artist to do everything for him.

Until/Unless he does ... no need to react that harshly, Carl.

(Yes ... believe it ... these words came out of my mouth) [face_shocked]

7. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    WEll, I just said that coz its NORMALLY the case. But lets see what the guy has to say first. And I'll have you know, I've been around TFN for 3 years. Reg dates mean nothing and never should.

Carl

8. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Easy to say that when your REG date is '02 - ain't it. ;)

9. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Huh? [face_plain]
    TAC, what I'm trying to say, is that there ppl that have registered 2 years ago and ppl could still call them newbies but they see the reg date and don't.
    I feel that one should not be judged by their registration date. I, for one have never called anyone a newbie on the boards and respect a person for who they are and their experience in life, if its denoted enough ;)
    Call me brash/harsh maybe, but I'm definately no newbie. But a shame some superficial ppl take reg dates so into account that they make to many prejudices and preconceptions alike.

Carl

10. darkmouse

Jul 21, 2002

Alright, I don't mean do everyting for me, well unless you want to. What I am planning on doing isn't a really big project. I just wanted to have a couple little green alien things floating across the sky in one scene. This is my first CG project so I was wondering if you could just give me some tips on which programs would be the best to use. And if you would be available in october to HELP out with the little green aliens.

11. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Adobe After Effects is good for compositing. Relative to the actual CG... lots of ppl will tell you different programs. Normally, the best first step to take is Blender which is Freeware. Then, once you know some CG, you move on to the bigger 3D packages. Ask around some, I'm sure ppl will be glad to help.

Carl

12. darkmouse

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey,Thanks Carl.

13. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    If you've been around that long, then you've gotta know that this specific board DOES take registration dates seriously. You should have registered way back then. You could be calling me the newbie if you did. ;)

14. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    I know that they take it seriously. I just think its not all that correct. But its fine by me. I just wanted to let you know. "Dis imbaressing", but I only found out about the forum 1/2 year ago, and ever since had registration problems. At least I could've gotten a respectable FEB 02, eh? ;)

Carl

15. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    OK, I'm relaxed. Sorry.
    Momentary loss of control.

Bigger things happening at work today. Of course I lashed out in the wrong direction.

16. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Kohai! RELAX!!

Jeez.

Carl helped the guy out and backed off. What's the deal with everyone getting so upset over nothing?

17. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Ah. Ok. ;) NO problem... maybe we can be buddies! Kohai and his newbie sidekick, hows that sound? :D

Carl

18. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    He apologized, Carl . . . apparently, kohai had a momentary lapse in his sanity. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.