main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA question about the chinese theater plz help

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by juanvas, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanvas

juanvas Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    i wanted to know if the seats have moveable arms in some theaters they can move the arms up so you can sit closer with your date.

does the mann chinese have this?

2. IH8AMC

IH8AMC Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    No they don't.

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    It's an old theater, but it holds about 500 people. The seats are kinda old.

4. Manifest_Lun

Manifest_Lun Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    It holds 1142 people.
    "about 500" have you ever been there? its HUGE.
    The seats were recently replaced with more comfortable ones. They now have cup holders on the arm rests, but the rests still dont move.

5. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Oh for the love of god.... the chinese theater is about the closest thing I've had to a religious experience in a long time. Being in there on Saturday afternoon with everyone else who you know is a diehard fan, who was still cheering when the lights went down and the Lucasfilm logo came up. The digital trailers and seeing it with digital film and sound. The hair on my arms was standing on end so many times, not just because of the movie but because of the electricity in the air. Hearing the little kids behind me talking about "The bad man with white hair" and "Boba Fett's dad" took me back to a time when I was saying similar things to my dad about ESB and ROTJ. It didn't matter that it cost me $10 to get in the door and $7.50 for some stale popcorn. And even though it was the third (not last I'm sure) time seeing it things like that make it better every single time.

6. ChewiesMom

ChewiesMom Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2000
    I was there Saturday, too, with 8 kids ranging in age from 15 to 9 years old -- and they LOVED the whole experience, just as I knew they would. Only one of the kids with us had not yet seen AotC -- his mom hardly ever takes him to movies -- he couldn't stop grinning!

7. Manifest_Lun

Manifest_Lun Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    hey! Chewiesmom! Its me Josh from lun. (as if the name didnt give it away.)

8. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    hey ya'll - I was there on Sat as well. (5/18) It was my 1st time in that theatre & it was awesome! That was the 2nd time I saw the show since I saw it at Midnight in Irvine @ the Spectrum... after this I also saw the EPII @ 2 other theaters - Long Beach Edwards 26 @ the Town Center, Magic Johnson's Theater. Nothing compared to seeing it at Mann's!! the Theater is Beautiful & yes - the seats are very comfortable, but they're not joined as to raise the arm.. however it's very comfortable!!! can't wait for EPIII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.