main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question About The EU Maps

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Sith_Prophet, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Prophet

The_Sith_Prophet Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    In the front of the NJO books they show a map. Is the dark space there the area the Vong conquered, or simply the area through which they've gone through? I mean, the Vong only captured five thousand planets, and there's no way that large region of space only contains 5K planets!

2. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Its kind of both, because the main arc of darkened area is where the Vong have most of their possessions, while the arrows and their arms can indicate either large fleet movements or conquered space and the direction that that particular fleet is moving in.

I believe it was Star by Star, where on one particular arm there were several conquered planets along it, but not every world along the arm and arrow has been conquered.

There was also an arm and arrow extending all the way to Fondor, yet the Vong do not control any worlds along that stretch. The darkened area is more to give an impression of the Vong's sphere of influence rather than what they hold.

And where did it say that the Vong have 5000 worlds?

3. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    I just took it from another poster who posted in some battle scenario between the Vong and some other sci fi group that was locked on this page. He said that the Vong controlled 5000 worlds, and having only read up to Dark Journey, thats how many I assumed they held.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Vong control many of the planets within the darkened regions, but not all of them.

5. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    Oh.

So any one no about how many planets they do?

6. son of rage

son of rage Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2000
    well they may as well control these planets, as they are blocked off from the rest of the galaxy, i mean u could say the empire didnt control all the planets it had, as many openly rebelled against it

7. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm betting that we will get at least a hint of the number of worlds the Vong control in Refugee or Reunion. Anyway, however many planets the Vong control, they probably have infiltrators on three times that many, and the Peace Brigade probably control or are manipulating four or five times that number. It was suggested at the end of Remnant that the Peace Brigade was influencing planets from Bakura to the Corporate Sector, with the Vong not far behind.

8. son of rage

son of rage Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2000
    how on earth can ppl still belive the peace brigade!!!!!!!

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Don't forget that the galaxy's a large place. The dark areas can easily contain 5k planets, and that's only habitable planets.

10. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Well, given numbers I've seen posted and that have been mentioned in several reference books, it's safe to assume the shaded area on Yuuzhan Vong invasion course maps contain much much more than a paltry 5000 systems. What could be possible, is that several systems inside Vong "territory" haven't actually been invaded, but just happen to be inside occupied space. It's entirely possible that some systems have been completely unaffected by the war as a whole.

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Dude, an area of that size probably contains trillions, if not quadrillions, of inhabited systems. No way the Vong are on each and every one of them. While the big spender worlds have been messed up, i.e. Rodia, Ando, ect, but an insignifigant world like say, planet Derf in the 563242342341255 system wont have been touched by the Vong. They may be cut off from the rest of the galaxy, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.