main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about Vestara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I was thinking about writing a Ben/Vestara story, but I am confused as to her appearance. When looking at the covers of Omen and Ascension I notice Vestara looks very different. On the Omen cover she looks like a goth biker chick with black lipstick and tattoos on her face, but on Ascension I don't see the tattoos. I don't remember reading about the tattoos in Ascension either. When Ben is thinking about Vestara he has thoughts that her face was beautiful and only a small scar as a flaw. I am not saying tattoos make a person ugly or they are an imperfection. I just thought if he is thinking about her face the author would mention the tattoos. Christie Golden wrote both novels, so she shouldn't have forgotten. It is almost like once Vestara and Ben became interested in each other the tattoos are downplayed. Or did she have laser tattoo removal and I just missed that chapter?

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    The tattoos are just ceremonial. They're drawn on. I forgot the name off the top of my head, but they have a certain name.

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ah, that explains it. I think I remember that now. I hate scouring books to find one little detail. Especially when my kids have the week off from school and I now have a headache. THANKS!

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    When Ben is thinking about Vestara he has thoughts that her face was beautiful and only a small scar as a flaw.

I believe the small scar extends from the corner of her mouth causing her to look like she is smiling.

I'd love to read a B/V by you!

5. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    It is called vor'shandi the main motif is the dalsa flower with the focus on thorns and leaves. The 'paint' is nectar from the s'rai plant:-B [yes i am a nerd:cool: ]

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am pretty sure most of the people frequenting a Star Wars fanfiction website are consider nerds by someone somewhere at sometime. I tell my sons "I wish I was a nerd like Bill Gates." Thanks for the information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.