main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about what time you guys meet.

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by HiddenJediKnight, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiddenJediKnight

HiddenJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2003
    What time and day do you guys meet?

Drew

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    We usually meet at noon every month, but this month is different since we are having a progressive movie marathon.

I would suggest that you head on over to our website at www.HothlantaRebels.com and click on the "about us" link. That should take you to the page where you can sign up for our mailing list. The webpage also has info about our upcoming meetings.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM or send an e-mail to minacia@hothlantarebels.com. :)

3. Ehope

Ehope Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Totally new to these boards. I tried to join the Yahoo group but it said "Members Only."
    Ummm...still trying to figure out how to be a member. Shuttle over to a meeting?

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You need to e-mail me so that I can add you to the e-mail list. We had to limit access to the list due to spammers.

You can reach me at minacia@hothlantarebels.com. :)

5. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I've just added Judy to the e-mail list. She should be all set!

6. Ehope

Ehope Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    All set. *happy dance*
    Can't wait to meet ya'll. My family thinks I am nuts.

7. JesusFreak1300

JesusFreak1300 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2004
    I just moved down here and I really really want to get involved, but I'm completely new to the boards. I have no idea how to get into a group or anything, where you meet or anything. Please help!

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    To find out more about us, go to www.HothlantaRebels.com.

To join the mailing list, send a private message to Rosiewook or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net and we'll get you signed up. :)

We'll be announcing out next meeting date and time soon.

9. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Ehope, I'm from AZ and when I went to meet the Phoenix Fan Force everyone thought I was whacked. But now I call people in that group family. Generally the fanforce people are geeks and there is nothing to fear from geeks. So tell your family to rest assured. ;)

10. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Your family are what we call "mundanes." Those who lack the vision of enjoying and pursuing sci fi and fantasy hobbies and who prefer the dull, everyday world.

We also refer to them as "The Long Sufferings." Those who aren't into Star Wars, but who still have to listen to us prattling on for hours about the movies or the latest book we've read or the cool action figure we managed to locate.

I'm sure there are support groups somewhere for these people. 8-}

And to outsiders, I suppose we all do look a little wacky, but that's half the fun. We laugh a lot and joke a lot. And yes, most of these people are now family. So it's totally worth seeking out a club to join. We're glad you joined our list, Judy!

11. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Nicely worded Paula! I feel like I need a group hug now. ;)

Seriously, I'm 29 and have been involved with organized fandom since I was 13. My family still hasn't come to terms with it, but they're more tolerable now then when I was younger. At least then it was reasonable to think it was just a fad or a phase. Guess they were wrong. Heck, I even married a fellow geek.

Yes, it is a strange interest we all have, I guess. I mean, is it any stranger than people cheering on a sports team and having every bit of memorabilia collected and every stat memorized?

Welcome to the fold Judy!

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    My father thinks I'm a little strange, but my mom actually thinks it is cool that I am part of a group of folks who are just as crazy about sci-fi/fantasy as I am.

Of course, she is the same woman who let her daughter dress up as Darth Vader for Halloween in 1980, so she's probably a bit wacky too. :p

13. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    For a long time my parents referred to fandom as "those people". And of course, they thought it was just a fad that a teenager might go through. I think after I got into my twenties they finally accepted it. But hey, they encouraged it when I was a kid. There wasn't one birthday or Christmas were I didn't get something SW related. Even as I got older, I started getting magazine subspcriptions and books all Science Fiction related, so I guess they encouraged a little too.

And Mandy, I was Darth Vader when I was 4 (1978). My mom took a stick and covered it in tin foil for my lightsaber. Of course, all the girls I knew who did SW costumes were always either Leia or C-3PO. So being a she-Vader is really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.