main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question concerning The Approaching Storm

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SidiousofDarth, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidiousofDarth

SidiousofDarth Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    I have one quick question. Whenever the Jedi are talking to the different tribes, Yiwa, Qulun, etc. and when they are talking to Bulgan, Kyakhta, Tooqui, even the city folk, are they speaking to them in Ansionian or in Basic. And if they are talking to them in Ansionian, it mentions several times that the Jedi have a limited knowledge of the language so how could they be talking Ansionian all the time to the people they meet? Thanks.

2. SidiousofDarth

SidiousofDarth Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
  3. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    I can't tell for sure, but there were places where they mentioned working with the different dialects and struggling, but other times that they acted like either they were speaking in basic, or they had somehow mastered the language.

I guess that's why they call it fiction.

4. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    That is a good question, but unfortunately I don't have the answer. But I do have another question . . . . *down*

spoilers . . . . .

The villians of TAS wish to secretly force Ansion to secede from the Republic and not draw the attention of the Jedi council. I can't think of a better way to draw the Council's attention than to murder 4 Jedi!!!! Why wouldn't the Jedi Council just send a whole platoon of Jedi to deal with the villains???

5. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    Stang! I hadn't thought of that one.

Let me try. I guess that would be vengence, something the Jedi Council could not support.

6. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    In the same respect, it would seem illogical for Darth Sidious to order the execution of the 2 jedi in The Phantom Menace. Seems like the same plot device to me!

7. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Is it any good/worth buying?

8. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yes, it's very good, and well worth buying.

Did anyone else notice the SOTME references? There's a couple of Yuzzem protecting the Hutt, a self taught force user is shown lifting a glass, (just like Halla!) and Anakin's lightsaber can work underwater.

TC

9. JHC_JEDI

JHC_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    There's a couple of reasons that the "killing jedi" works for the villains in TPM and TAS.

First, if the Jedi are not interferred with, they will likely disrupt Palpatine/Sidious' plot, and that isn't an acceptable outcome, so their death is ordered.

Following that, Jedi don't typically check in on a regular basis. The council would not likely know of their deaths until far after the fact.

Finally, the evil plot (forcing Ansion to secede from the Republic, the blockade of Naboo) is very time sensitive.

On Ansion, if the Jedi are killed without the council knowing about it, it would be too late to send a huge force of Jedi to salvage the situation, the vote to secede would have already happened.

On Naboo, if the jedi were killed, the Queen would not have been rescued, and forced to sign the treaty, giving the trade federation control of the system.

Hmm, that brings up a whole new issue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.