main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question for a potential fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Juliet316, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay I was reading the Bunnies on the Archive, and something came to mind, and I want to see if my idea would be plausible to make this work:

Would it be possible, do you think, for a Sith to put a Force block on a Jedi's memory in order to turn that person?

And would that person be able to turn back if it was ever removed?

Feel free to PM me if you like about this.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Would it be possible, do you think, for a Sith to put a Force block on a Jedi's memory in order to turn that person?

And would that person be able to turn back if it was ever removed?

Of course it is.. anything's possible in fanfic as long as you make it so. It would take the Sith being powerful enough and the Jedi possibly being at a weak moment, perhaps and injury would make it more plausible. And as far as turning back there would be trials, problems and angst.. all the things we love to read. :D :D

It's all in what you decide to do.

3. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Like Healer_Leoa said, anything is possible in a fic, and it would be interesting to read the result.

But if you read the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, you'll find that that's almost exactly what Kyp Durron does to Qui Xux. Only I don't think it was possible for him to put back her memory.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    There's also the case of (Major KOTOR spoiler) Darth Revan, and the Jedi Council taking his memory away so they could use him to find the Star Forge and defeat Malak. So it's happened before, just Jedi doing it instead of Sith ;)

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It would take the Sith being powerful enough and the Jedi possibly being at a weak moment, perhaps and injury would make it more plausible. And as far as turning back there would be trials, problems and angst.. all the things we love to read.

I was thinking along those lines (PM me if your interested in exactly what I'm thinking of and if you think it could be pulled off), A powerful Sith and co., blocking this Jedi's memory and turning the now amnesiac Jedi. perhaps with false memories.

And yes, Qwi Xux was one of the first things that flashed through my head when I was coming up with this, though in all fairness to poor Kyp, he wasn't exactly an experienced Force User when he erased her memory.

What do you think would be the point of no return for this amnesiac 'sith'? Even if he got his memory back?

Juliet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.