main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada QUESTION FOR CANADIANS: Gun registration for or against?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KitFist0, Dec 5, 2002.

?

QUESTION FOR CANADIANS: Gun registration for or against?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes, I believe in gun resgistration

87.5%
  2. No, I don't (explain)

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
  2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Yes, I support it. It'll be a pain in the butt when it comes time for me to buy my own hunting rifle, but public safety comes first.

3. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I believe in registering the guns, but I think that the requirement of a firearms safety course and all that is unnecessary. I wouldn't mind registering my firearms, but my passion for hunting is not great enough to motivate me to pay for all these safety courses for hunting and firearms, or take the time to do it.

As far as all that goes, the people who would misuse the guns are going to get them through illegal means and not register them anyway.

4. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I watched the debate about this on CPAC yesterday. You should of heard the moany jerks calling in using that stupid line "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Yeah but they use gun to kill people.

I'm all for Gun registration.

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I say no, I don't I don't believe in gun resgistration. For one, it is costing the tax payers millions of dollars. And two, I don't think its doing anything. Just reading the paper every day hearing of how gang members were shot and killed, and how they were armed with fully automatic weapons. The guns still get to the streets, registered or not. And its not the hunters or farmers that are killing people, sure these people will register there guns, but what good will that do?

6. Ackbar2003

Ackbar2003 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    I agree with what fingthething said in the previous post. Its not the poor farmers who are the ones we have to worry about. Its the larger cities that should get more police to crack down on gun related crimes. If someone wants a gun they can get it in the city with little hassel. I think its aimed at the wrong geographic areas within Canada and hoepfully the law will be abolished.

~~~Ackbar~~~

7. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I like the idea but it's being done wrong. Too over budget for what it's worth.

I want gun control but not at the cost of the other programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.