main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Question for parents that drive with kids...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ezio Skywalker, May 5, 2014.

1. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Our hospital made sure we had one, but never did an inspection and I certainly wouldn't let them install a damn thing in my car. They'd probably bill me for that too.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

We can do them ourselves. But the hospital we delivered at insisted that we use the fire department. It's not like we had to pay. This is a free service from the fire department in my county.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Look, let's be honest. I'm laughing at you and wherever you reside as it's frankly ridiculous that you need emergency services workers for this.

4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    The hospital that inspects/installs infant car seats themselves does this for free.

5. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    see. it starts with them putting in the child seat for you, and before you know it you and a bunch of other butchered lobotomies and a screaming baby are crashing because noone knew who was the right person to give the baby its pacifier. it's important to keep the brain going guyz.

6. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Ah, okay.

But the other hospital that utilizes fire dept. personnel under city payroll might also say it's a free service of goodwill, but someone is probably paying for it- either the hospital or the city or through some fee added on by the hospital or under the umbrella of some kind of public service tax...unless it truly is a free service and your city council is happy to sacrifice expenditure at the expense of new parents' peace of mind.

Anyhoo- did the little one get his pacifier?

7. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    No. The topic in question began as a debate between myself and a friend over beers. No children were harmed in the making of this thread.

Mr. K likes this.
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You were driving at the time though, I hope?

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Why are you asking, jp? Obviously he was.

10. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Certified fire department personnel installed oversized, adult car seats, so there is no cause for concern.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You mean fat seats?

12. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    If I decide to let myself go, I will look into having fat seats installed in our vehicle. I wonder if our fire department will oblige.

13. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Hang on. Wait a minute. This "hospital" wouldn't allow you to leave with your own child unless you had a carseat they deemed appropriate installed by someone who is "certified"? Did they also ask you for your papers? What's next? they won't let you take home your baby unless you meet their standards of parenting? Will you have to get a certification for that? This is absurd. No one but me knows what's best for my kid. What the hell is happening to this country. I hope the rest of you are comfortable, because you've traded your freedoms for it--but the joke's on you, because it's about to get real uncomfortable. You won't be so happy when that so-called safety turns into a FEMA camp, or when you have to start watching what you say around your state educated and raised child who might turn you in to the thought police for any perceived slight or just out of spite.

14. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    ******* 'elf & safety.

Miliband has unveiled a bunch of plans to tell supermarkets what they can and can't sell, trying to shape the nation's dietary habits. Damned interventionist, nannying ****wits.

Unfortunately, Ender Sai, most of the English are that sissy these days.

15. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Well, new parents actually do have to attend at least one parenting basics class at the hospital before delivery.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They also threaten to take away your driver's license if you've had a seizure, even if the seizure was caused by dangerous and improperly prescribed blood pressure medication.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Give the baby a gun, so he/she/it can shoot at the pedestrians as you're driving to your destination. .