main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question for Steve

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by QCPsychoJedi, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Steve I have a simple question. What was the method you used for constructing your Boba Fett gauntlets? The reason I'm asking is because I want to make Predator guantlets and I need options. This is for a home costuming business I hope to run from home.

I just realized one day that no matter how hard I search I can't find any place that sells movie quality costumes so I'm starting a locale right now. The predator will be intricately detailed with a tri-laser sight on the shoulder gun and retractable wrist blades. Not to mention that he'll have his regular face and a wearable Predator enviro mask on top of that.

I'm also including costumes like Legolas Greenleaf from LOTR, stormtroopers once I get hooked up as a distributor for the kits and anything else. In fact I think my slogan will be "If you can dream it up, I can build it."

Anyways, gotta get back to writing up a business plan and marketing schedule. ttyl.

2. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    By the way, how do I get in touch with Liz about those pictures? I mean if she develops them, she may as well scan em and send em to me since I don't have a scanner.

3. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Yeah, I have the photo scanned in my computer, and Nate is going to be putting more up on the site.

I got my arm parts as a kit, from Chris in CO. But if you want to make stuff like that, you WILL NEED: and type of clay that you can mold, and heat up so it will hold its form, then the .080 gage plastic, and a Vacumforming table. Which there is a site that can help in make on, but it is currently down.

4. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Ok, there's a website for stormtrooper vaccu forming that shows how to do that stuff. Well I guess I had to learn this stuff sooner or later. Knowledge is power and I feel myself getting more powerful every day. I think I'm becoming responsible. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.