main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question for the classical musicians here

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Crash_Davis, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    My daughter who will be going into 7th grade, plays the violin. So far this summer, she's been keeping herself busy by picking out, by ear mind you, some of the melodies from the Lord of the Rings score, including The Seduction of the Ring theme, Rohan's theme, the Fellowship theme, and two parts to the Shire theme; the short jig type theme (heard in RotK played right when Sam puts his beer down and finally goes to ask Rosie for a dance, and the slow sweeping portion, (heard in RotK, when Aragorn bows before the Hobbits).

I thought it might be a good idea to get her some of the sheet music from the films, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg getting a hold of it. Any ideas where I might go to get something like that? Also, what type of sheet music would I buy for the violin? Would I just get the standard 'piano/voice/chord' edition, or is there a different version for classical instruments?

I grew up playing bass guitar, so this is all new to me. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT:I found this over at Amazon.com.

She's been playing for 3 years. Do you think this might be something appropriate for her skill level?

2. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Sometimes you can find songs and scores that are violin only. It she's up for the challenge, and what I do when playing mine, is pick up the piano, vocal, guitar sheet music and try to play the vocals. Its a little bit tough because your translating voice to violin, but it can be fun. Go Violinists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.