main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question for those getting Mark Hamill's autograph

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MrSkinnee, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I just wanted to get an idea of what you are having him sign? At $125 per autograph, we have to be very selective about the item(s) we choose. I'm considering having him and Carrie Fisher sign the CV Russell Walks illustration, although the Spencer Binkerhoff one has more opportunities for signatures for other celebrities that will be there as well. How about you?

2. LordStarwalker

LordStarwalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
    I plan to go with one of the standard Offical Pix Celebration V 8"x10" lithographs. I considered buying a print or poster first and then having him sign that. However, I really just want to frame the signed "standard" Luke Skywalker picture that would represent the Celebration V event.

Of course, I still need to decide on which standard Luke Skywalker pic to go with: Ep4, Ep5 or Ep6.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    At WonderCon 2009, my brother had Mark sign the Luke lifesize standup!

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Two of the CV OPX 8x10's - Dagobah Training and Jabba's Sail Barge.

5. Jedifan256

Jedifan256 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2010
    I've been working on an original trilogy poster for over 10 years now, so I will definitely be adding Hamill to that.

I may get a second autograph on a 16x20 photo. I already have the photo, it's just a matter of if I have the extra cash.

The Walks piece is amazing too, it's on my list of prints I want to get.

6. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Agreed. Its very reminiscent of the Adam Hughes "Last Daughter of Alderaan" from CIV. I bought that and had Carrie sign that. I feel like the walks piece would be a good complement to that one.

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    That's going to make the rest of his day far less interesting.

I hadn't even thought of what I'll have him sign. I'm not big into autographs but I do have Carrie's and won't miss the chance to add his.

I assume they're happy to sell you a picture on the spot for him to sign?

9. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm going with a standard OP lithograph, probably a picture from ESB (because of the thirtieth, and all ;))... something that will be special to this Celebration.
    Although I did consider having him sign a poster or a different picture... but decided on the lithograph.

10. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    I have a Star Wars movie poster that I had in my bedroom growing up and in my dorm in college. When CV was announced, I told my husband (not a Star Wars fan) that if Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were attending I would get them to sign my Star Wars movie poster and then I would be hanging it on the wall (framed) in our house. He'll get over it...some day.

11. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I have a question for anyone who has done autographs at Celebration before: will it be O.K. if I had him sign something from Batman? I like him as the Joker, not as Luke, and wondered if he would even consider signing something from Batman?

12. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I have heard from one of the actors, that they are contracted to only sign Star Wars stuff. But I am not sure if that is some standard contract tingy that is not really enforced.
    The actor offered me to sign the stuff off table which I declined as I don't wanna get the person in trouble. I am bringing it though in case LFL and/or Official Pix isn't enforcing it after all.
    So I suggest you bring it and ask. Just be prepared in case you get a "No".

13. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I was wondering about that, too...wanted to get my Metalocalypse dvd signed (if I can afford an autograph at all!)

Martha

14. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    for $125 he can sign my backside AND I expect a reach-around.

15. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I would hate not to know in advance. It really isn't worth paying 125$ for his autograph on a Star Wars item, as I already have two of his. I have heard it both ways, he would and he wouldn't. I just didn't know if LFL would let him sign "Mark Hamill as the Joker" on my Batman The Animated Series Complete set.

16. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    This might be a far stretch but . . . at Motor City Comic Con, Billy Dee Williams was asked to signed a Colt 45 Malt Liquor can and he refused. Since his association with Star Wars, he moved up the celebrity chain.

I have this wonderful poster with characters from all six movies on it. I'm bringing that to have as many as I can afford to sign it. Realexcitedrightnow![face_laugh]

17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I heard a bunch of rumors about Billy Dee refusing to sign any containers of Colt 45 before C3, so I just had him sign my O Pix volunteer tshirt instead. To my surprise, the guy ahead of me in line had a 40 oz bottle of Colt 45 with him and Billy Dee grinned ear to freaking ear when he saw the bottle and promptly signed the thing. Made me mad to no end.

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  18. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    I'm going to have him sign the artwork from my 1992 star wars pinball machine..Then I would only need to get Harrison Ford to sign and maybe George would be awesome..

Also have a poster that Carrie signed at CII..

19. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    In terms of celebrities signing non SW items, at C3 I had Warwick Davis sign a copy of Willow for my roommate, which he happily obliged. As for Billy Dee, I've heard rumors (and this is just hearsay) that he wouldn't sign Colt 45 items because it was negatively geared towards African Americans. Again, whether that is true or not, I cannot say. This is only what I have heard. However, I would TOTALLY love to have an autographed copy of something Batman or Metalocalypse related signed by Hamill. Once down there, I'd try to ask someone in charge if that is okay, if you can.

20. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    I have never had a problem with OPX allowing actors to sign non-SW items. I have had actors sign DVD covers from Dr. Who, when they have been in one of the shows. At C4 Bruce Spence signed a LOTR pictures of himself as The Mouth of Sauron, that he had brought himself. I have seen people sign t-Shirts, badges, and helmets. As long as it is respectful of the actor and not an obscene object, they are willing to usually sign. I'm bringing a artists print of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalke to sign, and a Dr. Who DVD cover for Jeremy Bulluch to sign.

21. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I had Mark sign my 2005 Vanity Fair cover that has the main actors from all 6 films. As for Billy Dee, at Anaheim Con in April, he had 8 x 10's of the Colt 45 ad which he had available to sign. He even signed a girl's shirt with the Colt 45 logo (you can see the 8 x 10 in her hand):

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Anaheim%20Comic-Con%204-15%20to%204-18-10/IMG_9557.jpg]

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Probably just an 8x10 like the majority of my autographs, but since this is a rare appearance I may get him to sign my copy of "Luke Skywalker: Last Hope For The Galaxy" from Dark Horse. Leaning towards the photo since the book is big, kind of heavy and I can protect the photo on the trip home a little easier.

23. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    I'll be having him sign the Luke Skywalker page of the New Guide to Characters book. It's where I collect my Star Wars actors. Hamill and Fisher are special enough to have sign a separate item, but I'd rather keep up the collection that I already have going.

24. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    That's actually a REALLY good idea! I love that!

25. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    ... I gotta say that would be superhot.

I know my bro is bringin something Bats for him to sign rather than SW stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.