Question for those getting Mark Hamill's autograph

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by MrSkinnee, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4

I'll have both Mark and Carrie sign my circus-style ANH poster. I've got quite a few signatures already on it (Anthony Daniels, Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker, etc) and will be very happy to have the two of them sign this poster I got from the Fan club way back in the day.

2. chucknotsteve Jedi Knight

I have never done this autograph system before, and I was just wondering if Mark (and Carrie, for that matter) will personalize your autographs. Like write your name and then sign... or is it just the standard "Mark Hamill" signature?
  3. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Carrie personalized my pic. It was awesome. I asked her to make it out to "Darth Kat" and she says "Are you serious?" hahaha.
  4. ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is TOO cool! :)

Martha
  5. wookieesrus Jedi Knight

star 1
    With the little experience I've had with this, I've always been asked how I would like them to sign it. And I just say that their signature is more than enough for me. Having it too personalized, imo, would just distract too much from the beautiful photo, and the one beautiful signature. It's just the way I like mine.
  6. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you don't want your autograph(s) to be personalized, OPX have a booth that sells pre-signed photos. That way you can skip the line.

I bought two autographs tickets for Mark. One will be for a pic of him and Carrie. The other autograph I'm still debating about. I have many items for him to sign...so it's hard to decide on one. :confused:
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I like the celebs to put a quote from their character (or something similar), on it, and sometimes they'll oblige. Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker both addressed it, "To Master Matthew", Billy Dee Williams wrote, "Matt, You no good swindler", Jeremy Bulloch said, "Matthew, You're no good to me dead", the late Phil Brown addressed it, "To Matthew, my favorite nephew", and so on. The funniest one I think was from the late William Hootkins (Porkins), who just wrote, "AAAAAAARGH!" [face_laugh]

Mark Hamill signed my brother's pic of Luke looking at the twin suns, and without telling him, he wrote, "Greetings from Tatooine!".

:)
  8. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    If I had $125 to blow that would be my answer too! lol, that is frakking funny! Hope we run into each other, your posts are so funny.
  9. Zepherous Jedi Knight

star 1
    How is everyone getting the item to the con that you want him to sign? I am not taking a suitcase on the plane, just a carry-on, so I am open to suggestions. I thought about shipping it to the hotel overnight, then doing the same thing in reverse order after it was signed.
  10. MrSkinnee Jedi Knight

star 3
    I like to get my action figures signed, but obviously, packing them away with my clothes and what not would more than likely crush the packaging. So I've bought plastic storage bins and put the figures in there with styrofoam peanuts, then duct taped the lids closed, and send it through as a checked bag.
  11. welcome2MosEisley Jedi Knight

star 1
    [image=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/noshowdidomenico/e34e370f.jpg]
  12. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    Just to add to what others have said on the issue of signing non-SW stuff, I sat with Bruce Spence for half the day at CIV and between the two of us slagging off US food he actually signed more Matrix and LotR stuff than SW. In regards to Billy Dee I was at the session he did then also and he was really uncomfortable when the questions did turn to Colt 45 so I think it might be a product specific thing.
  13. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    I was thinking my DVD box set.
  14. Photo-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Times when Mark Hamill will NOT be in the Autographs hall:
    Friday 2:30-3:30 (he's on the Celebration Stage / Chapin Theater)
    Friday 3:45 (he's at Froggy's Photos)
    Saturday 1:10 (he's at Froggy's Photos)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.