Question from a reader

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LinaOrgana, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LinaOrgana Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've noticed there're quite a few SW-meets-Earth fics on the forum (and why not? They're fun!), and in all of them that I've seen, the people on Earth know about Star Wars. Has anybody ever written a SW/earth fic involving an Earth on which Star Wars never existed?

(Say yes... the Force seems to be telling me that if nobody can remember one, I'm going to have to fill the gap...)
  2. Alderaan_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't heard of one, but you never know... :)
  3. starlight_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I seem to remember reading one... but I'm not sure if it was on these boards.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon responded to a... sort of space capsule that Earth had sent into space, I think. I'm pretty sure that Star Wars had never been created. I'm not sure though. I can't remember too much.

It seems like a cool idea though. You can never have too many Earth/Star Wars stories. :) Besides, you gotta do what the force tells you. ;) :)
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, in Mar17swgirl's fic "Believe the Unbelievable", Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon come to earth, but the main characters have no idea who they are or where they came from. It's an awesome story.
  5. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    I'm working on one...you can have the plot bunny if you want. (PM me and I'll give you details)
  6. stoneheart Jedi Knight

star 1
    I do seem to remember one, but it wasn't here, and the title escapes me.

What really struck me is that it wasn't so much "Earth meets Star Wars", as "Earth fights Star Wars". It involved an Imperial task force finding and deciding to subjugate the planet. Very well-written; I just wish I could find it again.
  7. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lilith Demodae (also known as Chaos) wrote the best SW-meets-Earth crossover I have ever read. In her version, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan come to an Earth that has never heard of SW. This was posted here on the JC, but because I don't have that particular link, I've found it for you in the Qui-Gon Jinn Discussion List Archive.

The Right Place at the Right Time

Happy reading! And if you like it, don't hesitate to send feedback to the author.
  8. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    I participated a round robin over two years ago that I believe was the first Earth Meets Star Wars, and Earth didn't know of Star Wars.

I also did a co-authored fic, finished it, but never got around to typing it all up becuase I left the forums for awhile. That one SW didn't exist either, I thought it would be too cheesy.

With Galaxy however, I thought I'd take on the challenge of having Earth actually know of SW, but have it not be silly. :)
  9. The_Revel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Funny this was brought up. Im actually working on a story that based on something similar.....

In the very beginning of Star Wars it says A Long Time ago in a Galaxy Far Far away. By this statement one can assume that the events of the Star Wars movies takes place in Earth's distant distant past. With this assumption this is a brief description of my story......

The Surviviors of a Doomed planet leave their home to find a new one but due to a Hyperdrive malfunction the ship is hurled galaxies away where it crashes on a young liveable planet *Earth* However due to the Characterisitics of Earth the Jedi in the story discover that this planet is slowly severeing their connection to the Force. However time goes on and what not and the Jedi are all died out pretty much. However the survivors live and multiply. Then later on in the story I will jump about a few thousand years brining it to the Midevil times. I chose this because in this story the Wizards and Socerers are really just decendants of the Jedi who crashed there and have been taught to use the Force differantly.

This story explains how life on Earth started and explains some of life's mysteries. This is all based on a What if type idea. However the SW Timeline would be set 10s of thousands of years AFTER ROTJ and the NJO
  10. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    P-Stotts did a West Wing/Star Wars crossover that was pretty good, called, I think, Ovetures. If I link this right you can find it here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2663960&start=2876717

I know I've also read one that had new padawan Obi and Qui going to Earth through some special vortex after a renegade Jedi. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the author or the title. I do know it wasn't it wasn't here. If I can remember which archive I found it on I'll let you know.
  11. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.