main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Question marks about Obi Wan fidelity towards Jedi Order

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Jan 26, 2017.

1. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Someone, on another thread, attracted my attention, about what warning message Obi Wan leaves in the Jedi Temple:
    OBI-WAN: "This is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and the Republic have fallen, with the dark shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi: Trust in the Force. Do not return to the Temple. That time has passed, and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged our trust, our faith, our friendships. But we must persevere, and in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you always."

So, as someone else have said, why Master Obi Wan does not tell who is Palpatine, that Darth Sidious is same with Palpatine?

Other question marks:
    Obi Wan is told by Count Dooku,on Geonosis, that hundreds of Senators are under the control of a Dark Lord of the Sith, named Darth Sidious.
    Obi Wan does not mention anything about that, to the Jedi council.

Obi Wan is sent by Jedi Council to investigate what is happening to the Clone army.
    He goes and does an investigation and finds nothing wrong with the Clone army.
    After his investigation, the Jedi Council decides is safe to use the Clone army.
    The Clone army will execute later the order 66 which is leading to almost the extinction of Jedi order.

In episode I:
    Obi Wan defies both Mace Windu and Master Yoda and is training Anakin.
    Later Anakin becomes a Sith Lord.

Also,in episode I, somehow, Obi Wan is away from his master, when his master is killed by
    Darth Maul.

if you also have observations, about weird Obi Wan behavior, during all 7 episodes, please tell them here.

As a very weird thing, both Obi Wan padwans are falling to the dark side, but Luke is recovering faster.
    We also see Obi Wan giving a short verbal training to Rey in episode 7 and Rey is also very close to falling to the dark side,after.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    What does that matter? The fact is that the Empire is in control and they're on the run.

Yes, he did. That's what he, Yoda and Mace are talking about at the end of AOTC.

OBI-WAN: "Do you believe what Count Dooku said... about Sidious controlling the Senate? It doesn't feel right."

YODA: "Joined the dark side Dooku has. Mmm. Lies, deceit... creating mistrust are his ways now."

MACE: "Nevertheless, I feel we should keep a closer eye on the Senate."

YODA: "I agree."

The full Council heard his report on the matter, while on their way back to Coruscant. Obi-wan brings it up again when he's conferring with the two senior Jedi.

Right. Then in "The Lost One", the Council finds out that Dooku used Sifo-Dyas name after killing him to create the Clone Army. The Council makes another decision, this time to keep quiet about what they learn and hope that they can win the war before the Sith can use the Clone Army for whatever nefarious purpose.

No, he said that he would if the Council said no. Yoda tells him that the Council has decided to train Anakin against his own objection.

Obi-wan was kicked in the face by Maul and separated. He couldn't get to him without using the Force to enhance his speed, but this would leave him vulnerable and is blocked by ray shields which no one can pass through.

Alexrd likes this.
  3. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    In addition to this, I believe that's also the episode where they decide that the clones have proven themselves to be good men countless times, and that they shouldn't be treated differently or suspected of wrongdoing just because of their "parents."

Alexrd likes this.
  4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I personally thought Obi Wan was one of the finest and most dedicated Jedi of the Order. The only things that come to my mind that would mark him as somewhat unfaithful to the Order would be him standing firm on training Anakin, as per Qui Gon's wishes, and having a good idea about Anakin's relationship with Padme but keeping it a secret out of the friendship and love he had for Anakin.

Even when he was a padawan, he was pretty well trained and obedient. He took his career as a Jedi seriously and always tried to look at the bigger picture to better benefit the galaxy while still following most orders from the council. He did inform Yoda and Mace Windu about Dooku's confessions about the Sith being in control of the Republic, sadly the Jedi were too confident to believe that their enemy would be right in front of them. No one can really blame them for that, as I said in another thread no one even had an idea that Palpataine was a Sith Lord until he looked Anakin in the eyes and flat out told him "I am the Sith Lord you've all been looking for."

IMO, Obi wan is a true stand up Jedi. As he stated in ROTS, he allegiance is to democracy and the Republic. He also follows the council's orders as much as possible while still attempting to main balanced and in service, of the Force.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Are you sure you shouldn't be "Sublime Kenobi"? Well said.