main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question of The Week #2: What Was Your First SW Toy/Collectible?

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Here is the Hothlanta Rebels Question of the Week for April 1st - 7th.

What was the first SW toy/collectible that you remember having?

2. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    The first Star Wars toy I ever got was the R2-D2 action figure. I remember thinking he was to coolest. I think I got him and the Playdough Star Wars Droid factory at the same time. I was 4 and it was 1977 or 78.

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I have very fond memories of my Princess Leia action figure. I think she was the first one I ever got.

But the collectible that stands out the most are the original trading cards. We bought hundreds of those suckers and ended up with three complete sets by the time we were through.

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    The first SW toys I can remember having are the Luke and Leia action figures from 1977...or was it 1978? Let's just put it this way, it was a very long time ago. ;)

5. jyaack

jyaack Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2001
    My first SW toy was the X-Wing fighter model kit from Return of the Jedi. My mom found the thing in a Toys R US sale bin in 1985 and brought it home for me to destroy it. All I can remember is that the guns never looked the same as the box and I could never get off the bits of dried newspaper stuck to the paint.

Dave

6. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I was lucky enough to have gotten an "Early Bird" kit. I remember getting the package in the mail and immediately going outside to play in the snow with Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and Artoo.

I still have the Chewbacca and Leia. Luke lost his head and Artoo has been MIA since about 1980. We presume he has dead, but we maintain hope. ;)

7. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    The Han Solo Blaster. Many bad guys and evil aliens fell before the molded plastic wrath of that fine weapon.

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Ah yes... The Han Solo blaster was a fine weapon, but no match for my Darth Vader lightsaber! ;) :p

9. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I already had this SPACE1999 space ship playset. My first STAR WARS toy was the Chewbaca action figure, soon to be followed by Darth Vader. Chewbaca opened up a can of whop-azz on the Dark Lord every day for about 3 months, until I got other figures, seen the movie, and purchased a land speeder. (Time frame was about April of 1977).

:D

Chewie is the MAN!

10. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Sad...I don't remember. What I do remember was my birthday right after the movie opened. My family through a Star Wars birthday party. I got everything, 3 inch figures, 12 inch figures, blasters, I was overwhelmed.

11. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    i remember going to k-mart and buying my first han solo & chewbacca 3"er then going to zayers in austell and buying my millennium
    falcon and all seemed right with the world
    then han solo was the man. i still have my falcon and chewie but i replaced my new hope solo with bespin solo and have not seen the orinal one since and i also had the solo blaster pistol as well it became my favorite
    that blaster mowed down a lot of imaginary
    stormtroopers and bounty hunter and i believe
    vader once as well

12. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    Really, that Han Solo Blaster is what you wanna have in a tough situation. Ancient superstitions and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.

13. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Let me think...My first Star Wars item was a pink Princess Leia t-shirt with an iron-on of Princess Leia in her Ewok dress with Ewoks in the background. I wore that t-shirt till the iron-on started to peel. *sigh* I miss that shirt even if it only would fit a 5yrold today.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I had a black Empire Strikes Back t-shirt with an iron on picture of Luke and Vader fighting in the carbon freezing chamber. I, too, wore that shirt until the iron-on started to peel at the edges.

Those were the days. :)

15. NOOM

Feb 10, 2002
    i had a yoda t-shirt.large picture of yoda
    with a small circular picture of yoda in luke's backpack in the lower right side
    then it started pealing off and it was gone
    "SOB"
    i also remember a black t-shirt with a snowtrooper very large on the front in white
    print.i also remember i wore that shirt over
    and over for so long it stretched way out of shape and it drove my parents nuts because
    i wouldn't throw it out.i don't remember what happened to it.
    out:NOOM

16. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    All this talk of t-shirts makes me laugh. That's why I got so excited when they re-released the classic t-shirts through Suncoast.

The poster t-shirt with that lovely shade of 70's orange was the one I wore until you couldn't tell what the design was. (And it started to peal.)

Of course, I insisted on the t-shirt being that lovely coordinating orange color. So, in a way, I'm glad that shirt went the way of the rag heap. [face_laugh]

17. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    You know, they say that orange is the new pink.

I think the people who say that are seriously disturbed, but nevertheless... :p

18. TK811

TK811 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    My first/favorite toy was the Millennium Falcon! Somehow this toy wound up at Jimmy's house years later! ;-) Of course Han is my favorite character followed by Leia for different reasons.

TTYL,
    KS TK811

19. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    While the Falcon wasn't my first toy, it was and will always be my FAVORITE. I wanted that ship so bad when I was 7 and I got it. It got pretty destroyed over the years and I had to buy a new one when Kenner re-issued it a few years back. Now if I only had a real ship like that...

20. NOOM

Feb 10, 2002
    i still have my millenium falcon how ever it is missing the dish,inside hide away
    plate,and the ramp arms. so when the released it again i went broke for a week
    needless to say bologna got old real quick. but my collection looked good.
    out:noom

21. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    The echo base playset. I got it for Christmas in '80 with some figures and an AT-ST. I saw Star Wars for the first time on public broadcast TV that night.
    Unbelievably hooked on Star Wars and the toys from that point on. Heh, still am!

Guess I just answered both questions of the week in one post. cool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.