main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question of the Week #3: If You Could Choose One Character From The SW Movies To Be Your Parent...

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey everyone! Here is the question of the week for April 8th - 14th.

If you could choose one character from the Star Wars movies to be your mother or father, who would it be and why?

2. darthmrw

darthmrw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Who else but Darth Vader? Just think of the PTO meetings at school or if you have to go to court for a traffic violation, not to mention any problem you might have with neighbors. He'd kick butt!! Don't mess with the Sith Lord!!!

3. TK811

TK811 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    My father would be Darth Vader! Isn't that EVERY stormtrooper's dream?! Or is it someone else .... Dang NO spoilers!!

Hold Luke and Leia as my brother and sister. Dang talk about a dysfuntional family! ;-)

TTYL,
    KS TK811

4. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Luke, Leia and Jimmy. That WOULD be a scary combination! 8-}

I would have to say Han and Leia. Sure, Leia would have abnormally high standards, but you'd have Han to balance things out and take you for a drink, or something.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    On some days, I wish my father were Darth Vader. I'm sure some of life's little obstacles (such as standing in a 3-hour line at the DMV) would disappear. ;)

However, I think I would go with RosieWook on this one. Having Han and Leia as parents would be interesting. Sure, you'd have to work hard to please Leia, but she would be fair. And Han just seems like he would be a fun dad.

Leia would raise you to be hard working and responsible, and Han would teach you how to fly, shoot straight, and have a sense of humor.

6. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    That is a tough call. From what I've seen so far, Jango fett seems like a dedicated family man... But I suppose my perfect father figure would be Wedge Antilles. He's cool enough to hold his own with the big shots like Luke and Han, but he's out of the spotlight enough so that I could have a reasonably normal childhood with him.

Failing that, I suppose I'd like to be a baby Rancor. For obvious reasons.

7. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Good Question.

hmmmmm I'd have to say Grand Moff Tarkin on the weekends I could borrow the death star.
    (when I get my death star licence)

8. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    Golly, what am I thinking? The answer is Chewbacca. Then you can say with confidence that my dad can whip your dad. Among other things...

Unless your dad is a moon, of course...

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    LOL @ Sacul and Technoviper! [face_laugh]

10. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Probably Yoda for me. He'd be wise and educated in the ways of the Force. He'd sure know how to make sure I was in shape and could defend myself. And to top it off, he'd be the perfect playmate as a little kid. Now, when I become a teenager, I think it would start getting a little weird. I think I would probably get laughed at. But I have a feeling he would still be able to kick booty.

11. itrain2jedi

itrain2jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    I would choose Han as my dad. I think he would be very cool. He would teach you how to be independent, take care of yourself, help others, and still have a lot of fun. Besides, you get someone that looks that good, you have to hope genetics play in your favor. ;)

12. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Isn't that the SHORT line at the DMV. ;)

By the way, Anakin Skywalker IS my father.

13. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Jabba the Hutt.

1. All the food you could eat.
    2. No one messes with you.
    3. Cool pad to hang out with.
    4. 24/7 party at the homestead.
    5. Never have to watch your diet.
    6. Cool decor, Han Solo on the wall.
    7. Girls like the bad boy image.
    8. Pet Rancor.
    9. Homies to watch your back.
    10. Getting to sit down for dinner with Princess Leia in a metal bikini. :D :D

14. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Yeah...but after the dinner, you have that whole pesky strangling thing. It would just SO ruin your day. 8-}

15. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Yeah that's the short line...but the test is murder.

Like when using a gas giant as a gravity well for slingshoting around to another target you must first:

A) Signal for a left turn at least 2 light years away.

b) pop the clutch and drift with hazard lights on.

c) call ahead to reserve the space.

d) none of the above you have a death star do as you wish.

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    LOL!

You people are cracking me up! [face_laugh]

17. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    HAH... Grand Moff takin waiting up for you as you try to snaek into the house after taking the Death Star out with your friends. Making out on the Death Sat at Lover's Lane. Playing chicken... Lordy...

18. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Now if only I could find the keys to the suncrusher I'd be super fly.

19. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Parents? Who needs 'em? I'd just rather be a convergence of the Force and go my own way. No one bugging you to clean up your room or pester you about school. Eat all the sprinkles I want. Get my own ship, become a smuggler for Black Sun, live the high life.
    Yeah baby!

20. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    at first i was with rosiewook about han and leia then red_rose came up with a better one because a bountyhunter doesn't need parents.hunters are to busy
    for the holidays and family but then look at the bountyhunter J.F.
    OUT:NOOM

21. jyaack

jyaack Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2001
    I think that I'd have to go with either Plo Kloon or Mace Windu. Both have some serious attitude going on and would kick a** of anyone who picked on you. Plus, with Mace he would impart the attitude of the ages upon you.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.