main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question of the Week #7: What Is Your Favorite Scene in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    We have already discussed what we were most looking forward to seeing before we saw AOTC. So, now that we've all seen AOTC a few times...or ten, what is your favorite scene in the film?

Thanks to Jace Darkrider for providing this week's question. :)

2. darthmrw

darthmrw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    As Palpatine, Bail Organa, and others watch,
    the clonetroopers board the predecessors of Imperial Star Destroyers to the sounds of the Imperial March. This is an awesome scene.

Second, the kiss Padme gives Anakin before entering the arena. You know they are destined for each other.

3. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    The "I'm going to kill all of you" look that Anakin gives the camera after arriving back at the Lar's home with his mother's body.

Well, that and about a dozen other moments.

4. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    can't decide on the jango vs obi-wan OR the yoda vs dookee sceen
    out: noom

5. SpectreLeader

SpectreLeader Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    definitely the yoda vs dooku lightsaber duel. i just couldnt believe youda had always been faking it with the cane!!!!!!!

6. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    My favorite scene? Several. I loved the scene in Amidala's apartment where Anakin openly defies his Master. And I loved the Zam Wessell chase. I loved the scene in the gunboat where Anakin is torn between doing his duty and going after Amidala. And the scene at the Tusken camp sent chills down my spine.

7. padme1967

padme1967 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    From a story perspective it has to be when Anakin crosses the line to the dark side and begins slaughtering the tuskens. From a special effects perspective definitely the space scene with Jango and Obi-wan and the sonic charges. I could watch that scene a thousand times. I know that space is a vacuum and there would be no noise, but man that sound just blew me away!

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The seismic charges in the Geonosian asteroid belt are the coolest effect in the whole movie. I love how you see the charge explode, and then there is this moment of complete silence before the really cool-sounding explosion is heard.

I have several scenes that I love, but one of my favorites has to be when Obi-Wan pulls the mind trick on the Death Stick dealer, and then whips out his lightsaber to take stop Zam Wessell in her tracks. The whole scene is pure Obi-Wan...the Obi-Wan we know and love from the first Star Wars movie. It is very much like what he did at Mos Eisley later in his life: a mind trick followed by a little lightsaber action at the bar. ;)

9. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    My favorite scene was with Obi Wan and Dex, I just thought it was a really well scripted scene and it was nice to see that Obi Wan has "friends" that he can just hang out with and get some info. I also thought Dex had one of the neatest lines-People don't know the difference between Knowledge and wisdom!

I also liked all the above scenes too!<G>
    Janet

10. Samurai_Yoda

Samurai_Yoda Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    It's definitely got to be the romping in the grass scene. Couldn't you all just see Anakin and Padme running towards each other in slow motion through a field of flowers. It brings a tear to the eye. No seriously how can anything compare to Yoda, he commands armies, he tosses ceilings aside, he absorbs lightning, he kicks but.

11. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I think you've all pretty much listed my favorite scenes. I'm not sure I could pick just one.

But I will say that I really enjoy Anakin standing out at the Lars homestead at sunset with the Skywalker Theme welling up and turning into the Duel of the Fates theme. Then the next time we see him (although I could do without the Obi-Wan overhearing things scene), he goes all Vader on the Tuskens. It's chilling!

Oh, and I really like the scene in the garage where he tells Padme what he's done. He's really raw there. It's so interesting to watch.

12. TK811

TK811 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    My favorite scene (among many) is Yoda on the clone troop transport and it is landing and he is ordering the clone troopers. Yet another scene that proves Yoda is THE man!!

13. Kin-Char-Bamin

Kin-Char-Bamin Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    My favorite scene would be the one between "Along Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away" and "Credits" ;-)

I just love the whole movie!!

If I had to pick one..... I like the scene where the last Jedi standing are back to back in the circle. Ready to fight to the end. Yeah, the one right here on this page, upper right.

Kin-Char Bamin

14. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Oh yeah, it would be the scene where Kirk runs down to the engine room and Scotty stops him from floading the whole room with radiation and then Spoke bumps into the glass wall and asks "Ship, out of danger?" and there is that whole needs of the many exchange between Kirk and Spock. Man, that part just tore me up inside.

15. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Hmmm...guess I need to weigh in, since it's my question. Guess it would have to be the astroid chase with Jango's sonic mines. I LOVE that twang sound. And it shows a great little scene between Boba and Jango. Man, even as a child Boba was just rotten to the core. But he really loved his father, which is cool. I also really liked the diner scene too. The be-bop music playing with the waitress droid just helped to add a little personal and real touch to the movie. Made the whole SW galaxy seem more than politics, lightsabers and blaster battles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.