main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question of the Week #9 - What did you think of AOTC on IMAX?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Your question of the week is back!

What did you think of AOTC on IMAX?

Your question of the week is brought to you by me. As always if you have any question or poll you want to pose, just PM me.

2. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    haven't seen it yet on IMAX, and doubt I'll get the time (or the extra cash) to do so.

Maybe one day they'll have the entire saga on Imax showing somewhere. Then maybe I'd go to see it in one sitting - as long as they don't cut out scenes.

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    They've cut out one scene that I feel they should not have. The one in the beginning with everyone in Senator Palpatine's office.
    However they did cut out things I'm glad they cut...

* the awkward Jar Jar meeting at the beginning

* the "romantically playful" roll in the grass and Anakin riding the big flea tick thing .

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Like TallonKaardgamer, I felt that the scene in Palpatine's office should have been left in. I'm glad they cut out most of the picnic scene, but I do wish they had kept the beginning moments, when Anakin and Padme talk briefly of politics. I think this is a moment of foreshadowing, even if Anakin then acts as if he were teasing. Other than those, I think all the other cuts were well thought-out and helped the movie move a bit faster.

And AOTC is just plain cool on a huge IMAX screen. :)

5. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    update: i will let you all know sometime sunday what I think about IMAX AotC. Me and my best friend are going to try and go. I told him he should get advance tickets for the sunday showing we'll go see so we can get them and not get there sunday with them sold out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.