Question on Emperor Palpatine costume. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LordWast, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. LordWast Force Ghost

star 1
    Hello everyone. It's been a long time.
    Anyways, I have recently got a Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious Robe. It is black with the waffle weave fabric. But I had a couple of questions and thought this might be the only place I will find somebody who knows.
    1. Should the outer robe drag on the ground? Mine does by a lot. When I look at the movies it looks like it is dragging a lot in some scenes
    (Ep.3 finding anakin on Mustafar, Ep.6 coming out of his ship.)
    and in others it looks like it doesn't even come to the floor.
    (blasting luke with lightning)
    2. Should the sleeves completly cover my hands when my arms are down mine does. (again hard to tell in the movies because he generally has his arms up all of the time)

Please reply as soon as you can because if my robe needs modified (hemed and such) I want to get in to my local costume seamstress before she becomes overwhelmed with the halloween costume rush!

Thanks for any help.
    By the way to check out my past 2 costume (Thriller, and Batman) you can check out my youtube videos at www.youtube.com/LordWast
  2. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    You should go to the flagship eclipse website. They will have the answers to all these questions and more, over there!

www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

- Bill
  3. LordWast Force Ghost

star 1
    Thanks for the link but I was hoping someone here would know the information, all of the palpatine pages on that site say under construction.
  4. LordWast Force Ghost

star 1
    Has anyone on here done a palpatine robe? If so do you have pictures.
    Please I need help.
  5. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Under construction? Well that isn't very helpful. The only other thing I can think of would be to go to the 501st website and see if you can't find any Palpatine costumers that make their email addresses publicly available. The best way to get to the source, is asking someone who has done the project, already!

Sorry that I can't be more help.

- Bill
  6. LordWast Force Ghost

star 1
    Well with the help at the 501stsithlords forums here is how my costume turned out.

[image=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Buffyfan_isme/IMG_2168crop.jpg]

[image=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Buffyfan_isme/HolloweenParty10-30-10002.jpg]

[image=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Buffyfan_isme/EmperorLightning2.jpg]

It's not perfect but I think it turned out very well!
  7. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks good. Well done!
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.