main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question(or two) about TOTJ

Discussion in 'Literature' started by solo_yt1300, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm interested in getting the Graphic novels of this.

But I'm new to comics and the like in general and only got interested when I picked up the Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand GN on a whim.

What I want to know is: Should I get them cronologicly(what is the order anyway) or is there any two I should get first?

2. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    There is a definite chronological order to them, I'm a little hazy on the titles at the moment, but it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. You should absolutely read them in order, however.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I would begin with the core Tales of the Jedi saga - the middle -4,000 ANH one dealing with Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun. It may be tough for you to find the Freedon Nadd Uprising, and while I would recommend reading it, it is more of a transition between KotOR and DLOS - consider it as a post-script to KotOR, or an intro to DLOS. Of all of them, Redemption is the best, and I put it as one of the best stories of the entire EU (novels, games, books, comics, whatever). But, the journey you should take to get there is also rewarding. KotOR, DLOS and TSW are all excellent.

Next, I would then read the Dark Empire saga to put it into perspective and see why this story from 4,000 years ago is relevent to the "current" (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.) OT characters. It is highly relevent and one of the most important stories in the SW canon. Both Dark Empire and TOTJ feed off each other. In fact, TOTJ was actually a Dark Empire spin-off project, stemming from the tremendous amount of background material which was produced for the series. Much like the OT spawned the PT, Dark Empire directly spawned Tales of the Jedi.

Finally, I would read the earliest chronological story, GAotS and FotSE. These stories tell where the problems in TOTJ originated from. Really, it's a pretty much self-contained series and isn't really required. But, it may be worth the read to complete the entire series.

Chronologically, the entire Tales of the Jedi saga:
      -5,000 ANH
      1. Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith
      2. Tales of the Jedi: Fall of the Sith Empire

-4,000 ANH
      3. Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic (or the Collection)
      4. Tales of the Jedi: the Freedon Nadd Uprising
      5. Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
      6. Tales of the Jedi: the Sith War
      7. Tales of the Jedi: Redemption

+10 ANH
      8. Dark Empire
      9. Dark Empire II
      10. Empire's End

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I warn you now, they're a git to find. Nadd I couldnt find, my order for KOTOR went from 24-48hr dispatch to "on order"(so wont get it). Get's easier, but 5 is near impossable too.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I ordered KOTOR from www.tfaw.com a few days ago and recieved it quickly, try that one::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.