Question regarding build points

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Adumar, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the rule book it says you can "overbuild" a card; in an effort to bluff your opponent into thinking you're building something other than what you really are.

If you do this, once you deploy the unit, do you get to keep the overage?

If you're building a card with a build cost of 4, and you put down 8 counters, once you deploy the unit, do you get to keep the extra 4 units?

This doesn't seem like an effective strategy, but I just wanted a point of order.

Thanks.
  2. Darksbane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nope you lose anything you put on the unit over the cost. This isn't the best thing to do IMHO.
  3. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah, I am wondering why someone would want to bluff so badly with such a precious commodity as Build Points.
    It's like not paying the rent so you can buy a diamond necklace so everyone thinks you're rich. Pretty soon, rents still due.
    I think this may be a better strategy in the future when we have more build points with an effect card or something. (I'm hoping)
    Of course, you may just do it if you find yourself low on cards to build and have the BP to waste.
  4. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's say, in later expansions, there are cards that let you destroy a card while it's being built. In that case, if you knew/suspected your opponent was waiting to destroy a big unit, you could overbuild a cheap unit - bluffing him into wasting his efforts.

At the moment though, I see little real reason to overbuild.
  5. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bubba's back! Finals must be over, eh?

:)

I agree with you and Baca, no point in overbuilding with the current rules unless you have build points to spend and absolutely NOTHING in your hand to build.

Gee, too bad build points don't carry over turn to turn like Force points, eh? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.