main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

question regarding the 3 diff blu ray releases

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by risingstanding, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risingstanding

risingstanding Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2015
    I want to buy star wars on blue ray. I'm having trouble understanding the diff releases from online research alone. There is the 6movie box set with anakin on the cover. At the same time, 2 boxsets released- one for each trilogy. And then more recently, maybe one or two years ago, a new bluray/DVD combo box released for each trilogy. Are the films in the newest box set releases the exact same version as those in the original 6movie bluray box set? Or do you have to buy the 6movie box set to see the most up to date version?

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They is all the same, I believe. Blinking Ewoks await!

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I have the 6 film box set (Anakin cover) with the two or three bonus features discs. I think you'd be ok with that. Welcome to the boards!

4. risingstanding

Mar 23, 2015
    Thanks for the welcome. But so, the newest releases are the same edition as the anakin cover box? I'd really rather buy the most up to date version. But I had been under the impression that there were updates that were ONLY for the 6movie box. I want to buy the newest release, but not if it is an earlier release version than the anakin cover box...I know I'm freaking out a bit, I just really want a definitive explanation.

5. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    do these box sets show a release date online or anything?

6. risingstanding

Mar 23, 2015
    The 6movie box set is from maybe 2011 or 12. It was the first bluray release. At the same time, they had the bluray boxes for each trilogy separately. And then now they have new blue ray boxes if each trilogy that I think came out in 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.