main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Question] Starting Threads

Discussion in 'Communications' started by PrincessKenobi , Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I know we're predominantly talking about the JCC, but it could be applied to any forum.

Step 1.
    Check the Index. (Some indicies are not updated often, but it is a good place to start)

Step 2.
    Go back X number of pages. For something like AMP or SFF, which has limited topics you should go back maybe 5, JCC even though this is more hunting, I'd say go 15-20 back. That covers a couple of days. If you dare use the search, do so at your own risk. It works rarely :p

Step 3.
    If you don't see something similar and if follows the TOS, then go right ahead and post.

Even if it is an obscure topic, still check. :)

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I post new topics when and where I choose :D:p

In actuality, I check the index and if I don't find anything there I look through the first 10 pages unless it's a small forum. In a smaller forum I might only look through the first 2 or 3 pages. After that I post my new thread :)

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes Index is always first very good.
    I also think that if you check the first 10 pages and find a thread this is say, 4 pages long, and it's what you were going to post your new thread about, up it and use that one. No need to clogg things up because you are feeling greedy, or lazy, actually there really isn't any reason to do it.

That happens all the time in Gamez. n00bs come in and post a new thread, then it gets locked and they complain because, 'I made a new thread because the old one is inactive!1!!' Well what is the difference if you post in the existing 5 page thread and no one acknowledges you or if you post a whole new thread that again, no one cares about? The only difference is you are causing more clutter on the boards, and you need to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.