main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Question: What are your thoughts on the AOTC leak?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    After much thought and seeing Lucasfilms response, I starting to believe that it (Harry Knowles given a secret viewing of AOTC in some hotel room -for those who don't know what I'm babbling about), could be a Lucasfilm ploy to generate hype. I agree with Royal G on this, that all the information that Harry Knowles, of Ain't it Cool News, posted isn't anything new...just packaged in such a way that it was exciting. I admit I was caught up in it. I felt like this IS the one -the best of the Star Wars series. But honestly, I wouldn't put it past Lucasfilm and their marketing genius. It seemed like LF was too light on the subject and Knowles still wouldn't divulge any more spoilers than that. The "spoiler" information he gave was information that is already out there on the net and could be assumed by the general public based on the trailers/CD covers/SW insider...

something to chew about...

What are your thoughts?

~F&B

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    It makes me think about all the secretive stuff they did back for ANH...code named Blue Harvest.

I'm sure that whatever Harry K. got was set out there by some "all knowing" hand from LucasFilm. Ole Georgie knows what he's doing. I've got faith in the great flanneled one.

I didn't read your little spoiler, just because I think I know enough already...and I want to be as excited as I can be in these 55-some days we have left. :)

3. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I click on the link for TFN's news item regarding Lucasfilm's response...and get nothing. The Ben Burtt news item tops the list. If you are getting the response, could you copy and paste it here? I'd like to know what it says.

Thanks! :)

4. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    No, wait. It finally came up. Nevermind.

Thanks anyway. :)

5. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    From what I know about AICN,they tend to be pretty brutal with some of their reviews,and they were especially so with Episode I.They also strike me as being similar to theForce.net in that they tend to alter their views to go along with what they believe the majority of public opinion to be.

So,I've learned to take their reviews,both the good and the bad,with a grain of salt.Their reviews can be a bit like Michigan weather,wait a little while,and it may change.

I read the response from the LFL rep,and I dunno,the rep didn't seem too phased that someone had just seen the movie that they've been keeping secret for so long.Not only that,but that it was seen by someone who was in a position to have caused them a lot of damage.I just don't think that LFL security would be that sloppy.

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I agree..I think that this a hype tool by old George. Do I think Harry K. saw it?..I'd have to say yes, because of the response made by LFL. It sure is exciting though, isn't it? The best in the series??? Wahoooo!! :D

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    It had to planned. How could you walk out the door with it. I mean there can't be that many copys AOTC yet. they all have to be accounted for. Right?

It's all hype for it. Nothing really new in terms of stuff we did not know about it.

I will agree Lucas did seem very made about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.