main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question: Who were you must happy to meet?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by 00Kevin_Ohhss, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I met met mirax and skinnee, and they were both great. :) And mirax's ass looks good in that tight sith costume. :D

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I met Mr Skinnee in line to see Billy Dee on Friday, he was a couple people ahead, saw mine and Grimby's FF badges and said "Hey i'm the guy who did that" he was so excited, it was really fun.

Thanks for the idea and the graphic Mr Skinnee, it was great meeting you.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    On Friday I was lucky enough to run into John Knoll (head of ILM) near the LucasArts area with his wife and 4 kids. I walked up to him and said hello and we had a pleasant 5 minute talk. He seemed kinda embarassed that someone recognized him, but he did have his VIP Guest badge on! lol We talked about the enormity of the project he had with Ep1 and 2. I told him not to worry about not winning awards, cause the work he and ILM does is so much better than anything else anywhere. He was the only "celebrity" I met in the regular exhibit area, so that was a treat. I should have asked him for a small piece of that $50 million budget he talked about on the TPM DVD ;)

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I didn't really meet any Star Wars celebs, aside from Anthony Daniels cutting in front of me in line and me standing there like a fool while he walked past. I did meet Rox, MysterySith, and Bobafemme at the FanForce table (Saturday, 9AM-11AM). I also saw some others come through with nametags on, but my voice was almost gone so I didn't actually say much. I do recall seeing Grimby, Obi-Wannabe, and a few others whose names I cannot place.

Might have to do this again in, say, 3 years?

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    yeah! i recall seeing you there as well tobey-wan :D

6. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Carrie Fisher, definiely. She's such a legend. I was practically hyperventalating when I walked into her room. Then she shook my hand! I was walking on air!
    But just walking throught the other autograph area and seeing Billy Dee, and Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker, and Warwick Davis was breath-taking!

7. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I was happy to meet the celebrities that I was able to say more than hello to..
    I am especially happy to meet some of the Indy Knights, and some of the members of 501st..Everyone was very busy, but it was nice to be able to talk when there was time :)

8. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Lieutenant_WesJanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Can anyone who was at the panel discussion with the Del Rey writers let me know how that went and anything memorable that they said? I wish I had gone to that, I guess I must have overlooked it.

9. MOJEDI

MOJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    Well, I did not actually meet this person...there was...a presence... I haven't felt...
    As we crossed the Courtyard parking lot early Friday morning to get in line, there was a black SITH from Iowa parked next to my white JEDI-TB from Missouri. It made my day.
    (the TB thing is my initials -- lots of JEDIs in Missouri.)
    I know there is still some good in you, Iowa SITH.

10. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I met alot of really cool people. Even some from around where I live, which was a nice suprise. But most of the people that I met didn't know about TF.N, so I kinda felt like a mini ambassador. I explained what the site was, how the Fan Force chapters worked, etc. Hopefully they'll end up here hanging out with all of us. The coolest ones were the two I met in the autograph line early Sunday morning, dressed up like a Jedi and conveyor belt Padme. They had their dad running around picking up all the free stuff he could for them. Big props for dad. I was also rather pleased to hear from our City Rep that all of our business cards from the FanForce table were taken(hopefully not for just notes)

11. MaraJade21

MaraJade21 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Carrie Fisher definitely. :) She was sooo incredibly nice,people who had already met her said she was a bitch. SHAME ON YOU! I really liked her. When she asked me who the autograph was for I said my name and she went on about how her mom spells her daughter's name wrong. I said to Ms. Fisher It happens all the time and the she smiled,shook my hand and handed my photo back to me. I just wish she had allowed photography so I could have a picture of the woman who character has taught me to be strong-willed and Subborn at the same time. :)

MaraJade21

12. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks VadersFist ;)

13. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    My pleasure.

Hahah!

14. mgibson

mgibson Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    I was very excited to see all of the talks on design, sound, modelmaking...anything having to do with ILM or JAK Productions. Not only was I able to ask questions to Lorne Peterson and Iain McCaig during the Q&As, but Anthony Daniels actually commended me on the questions I asked! AND during the last "Art of" talk on Sunday, Lorne Peterson and Nelson Hall (veteran ILM modelers) sat directly in front of me!!! I was able to scare up a talk with both of them for a few minutes and they definitely seemed surprised after hearing how they were the highlight of the weekend. I really don't think these guys know how much their work is appreciated.

C2 was flawed but definitely had its high points. Let's hear it for C3!!!
    MG

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    ah yes, how could i forget the lovely mirax in her slave dancer costume. i saw her while i was waiting in line for billy dee. i ended up sitting about two rows back directly behind her, and all these guys kept coming up and asking if they could get their picture taken with her. i would have too but i didnt' have a camera :(

that was one of my favorite costumes of the celebration

16. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Celebrities:
    I had the wonderful pleasure and honor of working and sitting with the great Peter Diamond. He was nothing but kind, generous, and nice. Thank you, Mr. Diamond, for everything! I also had the honor of meeting Warwick Davis, Amy Allen, Jeremy Bulloch, Peter Mayhew, Shannon Baksa, Nalina Krishan, Michonne Bourriague, William Hootkins, Jerome Blake, Nick Gillard, Julian Glover, and Bonnie Piesse. Everyone was so nice. I thank them all for their time and kindness.

Fans/Friends:
    I also met some wonderful people from the boards at CII. It was great talking to Shara, Sebulba X, MrSkinnee, Vadersfist, and Muellman to name just a few.

MrSkinnee: Thank you so much for the figures. I owe you big time!!!! You're the greatest. I had a great time hanging out with you. P.S. How much would it take to get a copy of that great footage you shot!?!

It was also great to spend time with people that I first met in Denver that were back again for the next Celebration... namely, Tremaniac, Jia, Dark Guri, Leia800, Grand Moff Joker, TDHArtist (DL), and Nihkolas. I know I met a lot of people that don't post on the boards as well. I hope we can continue to chat and keep up the friendship that was formed all because of Star Wars!! What a great thing to have in common. I love you guys!! Who's up for another trip??

17. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Femi Taylor was so very friendly. I regret not getting her autograph, but I think she does cons some times. Maybe I'll catch up with her.

Let's see if I can remember everyone from this forum that I met...

Glymmer
    GrandMoffJoker
    Mirax
    Skinnee
    Shara
    Thraken76
    FermezLaBoush
    Iwakura
    LordJedi

...and I'm sure I've forgotten more than I've listed.

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    meeting Nick Gillard in an empty hallway and him asking me where the green room is. What a great and friendly guy.

19. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Lt. Wes, those Del Rey panel discussions were the highlight of the Celebration for me. Both the NJO and the Continuity discussions were totally fascinating and quite often hilarious. The panel consisted of Aaron Allston, Tory Denning, Jim Lucero and Bob Salvatore.

Highlights: The other three authors teasing Troy about the length of Star by Starr; poor Bob Salvatore will never live down the fact that he had to kill Chewie. (He said he didn't want Han to have a focus for his anger over the death ofr his friend so he dropped a moon on him.) Bob said there are still some fans who refuse to believe that Chewie's dead, making up ridiculous ways he could have survived.

The audience let Aaron Allston know that they appreciate the humor he brings to his books - several times. He's a funny guy and quite nice - in fact they're all really nice.

There was an Editor from Del Rey and Shelly Shapiro from Lucas -- she's in charge of the continuity of the novels. After having Bob Salvatore sign "Vector Prime" I asked Shelly to sign it also. She was surprised by my request but I told her that her job is very important in our Star Wars universe and besides, it sounds like a really cool job that she does really well.

I enjoyed the casual atmosphere, the lack of lines (I made it to the first two rows simply by getting there about 20 minutes early) and the insight into the Expanded Universe. They said there were 19 NJO books planned but no plans after that, but they did leave it open for more books of some kind.

Pictures can be seen at: www.webwidget.org

20. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    The single most person?

R.A. Salvatore. I nearly went fangirl on the poor man (I didn't, just barely though!)

I've been reading his books about Drizzt and Bruenor and the others for years now, and have wanted to meet him for a long time now. It was most awesome to finally be able to do so.

~Caleigh

21. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    One person I haven't seen mentioned (or I didn't see it on here) was Dave Dorman. We saw he was sitting signing his lithographs and stuff. The people that were in his booth were very friendly and cordial. He was even doing little sketches for people if they had asked. The amusing part was when the person ahead of me asked him if he ever drawn Admiral Ackbar. He gave him a look and said no but he would give it a good try. I would say it looked like Ackbar in a funhouse mirror but he told the guy if he came back with a picture of him he would draw it again for on the other side. I asked for an Ep II which turned into a Ep III Obi-Wan. He was very nice and was very accomdiating to myself and my friends even though we hadn't baught anything from him that day. For sure a meeting to remember.

22. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    My husband and I were both thrilled to attend the "Trilogy of Stars" session with Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, and David Prowse!! As older Star Wars fans, these gentlemen are more our peers than many of the younger actors (actually, I am Carrie Fisher's age and my husband is Peter Mayhew's age). We throroughly enjoyed their answers to the various questions and especially their memories of Sir Alec Guinness. These important members of the Star Wars family will not be with us for too many more of these Celebrations, so we felt it was critical to attend that session.

23. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Celebration II line: 8:30am on Friday

ME: Hey guys! Here comes Tony Daniels! Holy ****! Threepio is coming this way!

Ryan and Brian: No Way!

ME: WAY!

*Tony comes up and I stick out my hand* ME: An honor and a pleasure to meet you sir!

Tony: *peering down and checking out my shirt* Where did you get that Blue Harvest shirt? I've seen the hats, but where'd you get that shirt?

ME: Errr...uhhhh... in California at a comic shop.

Tony: I still have my yellow thing...you know, for the rain? A uhhh...

ME: Oh, a rain slicker?

Tony: Yeah, that's it!

ME: Cool!

Tony: Well, I hope you enjoy yourself this weekend.

ME: I will, and thank you!!!

Brian and Ryan: That was freaking cool!!!

That's pretty much it. I said hi to Nick Gillard, Rick McCallum and Carrie Fisher, but those weren't as cool. Anyways, it was awesome to chat with the legendary Tony Daniels!

24. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    I know I met a bunch of people that I was really looking forward to meet, but it was always at the wrong moment. :-(

that's what I get for working the whole time I was there, or almost...

I briefly met Hama, I already knew MysterySith, none of the actors, except Hayden C. and Daniels. But then I got these two backstage. hee hee..

Otherwise I met a whole bunch of people just to yell at them not to take flash photography in the SAG room.. :(

25. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    And Grimbly, I would have been much obliged to take a picture with you. I have to say, I had the most fun in that costume, truly was the most fun to wear. I kept walking around to see peoples reactions, that is the best! Already working on the original slave leia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.