main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question: Who were you must happy to meet?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by 00Kevin_Ohhss, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I forgot to mention Kenny!!! It was great to meet you, too! You're one of the group now... you have been through the initiation process and survived. [face_clown]

2. Obi-Kaufman

Obi-Kaufman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Just a couple of stories:
    First, in the autograph area I would have to say that David Prowse was a very charming person and a great pleazure to meet. After waiting in line Sunday for two and a half hours (and almost running out of time!) I was surprised to find that he was still personalizing with so many people to go and 15 minutes until the Celebration was over! But he did and I am truly greatful.

Second, outside of the exibitor's hall, I would have to say that running into Steve Sansweet Friday night was a real shocker. My friend and I were returning to our hotel (the DT Marriott) after catching a late night snack at the Stake n' Shake when I slowly realized that the guy walking right in front of us was none other than Mr. Head-of-fan-relations himself.

I was kind of weary about saying anything being that it was late and he had probably dealt with so many people that first day and was probably tired.

We cautiously kept our distance as we conversed like a couple of schoolgirls, quietly wondering if he was staying in the Marriott also. He then turned down the drive for the Westin and, as a last chance manuever, I said, "Have a good night Mr. Sansweet!" "You too!" He said. Whoa! OK...sorry for the length.

Interesting sidenote-not two seconds after this encounter did a couple of guys walk past us and one of them said, "Hi!" As my mind caught up with me I realized that it was Hayden Christensen and his brother!!!!

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I think I ran into Steve Sansweet like 5 times. He was *everywhere*.

4. Nikohlas

Nikohlas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    I was so happy to have met all of the Fan Force members that I have been chatting with for the past few months...it was good to put a face to the name. As for celebs...I, like Silmarillion, ran into Steve Sansweet a few times. He was very generous and kind. I especially enjoyed meeting the "women who kick" :D Amy Allen, Michonne Bouraigue (sp?), Shannon Baksa, Mary Oyaya, and Nalini Krishan were all wonderful ladies. My favorite though was Bonnie Piesse. She was so nice and down to earth. One morning before the show she arrived early to the autograph area and just started talking to all the volunteers like we were her mates or something. It was cool! It was nice meeting you too Sill. :)

5. DarthSidious990

DarthSidious990 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    During the Concert Daniel Logan invited me to sit next to him, Warwick Davis, and Ben Burtt. They were really nice, and I heard alot of information about EPIII and other experiances. That was the highlight of my trip.

6. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I would have to say the coolest people I met were Admiral Motti, Nien Numb, Admiral Ackbar, and Bib Fortuna. I had extended conversations with all of these guys and they were great. My only bad experience was with Peter Mayhew. I was the only person in line and he would not personalize my photo.

7. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Sorry guys, hope you are ready to read a book ;)

Favorite MOments:

Meeting my IDOL Femi Taylor (Oola) I actually stood there and spoke with her for about 10 minutes. She was very interested in talking to me, it seemed. I hada tank top on with a home-made Iron-on transfer of Oola on it and she looked at it and said "you have good taste" hehe that was rad.

Meeting Julian GLover was pretty neat too. I actually was thinking of his character in Indiana JOnes and I stared at him for a minute and just blurted "YOu are awesome!" and he said "come on over here and I'll show you awesome!" he was so nice, and he was very personable.

Mike Carter (Bib FOrtuna) was really nice, he actually spoke to us for a few minutes, even though he had a few people waiting in line behind us,and he actually leaned over the table and put his arm around my husband and took a pic! I know that was a *really* nice thing for him to do, seeing as how he had probably been taking pictures all day.

I embarrased myself with BOnnie Piesse though, I couldnt help but notice how beautiful she was in person (in AOTC, she is kinda plain looking) and i was like "YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!" and she seemed kind of taken back, and was like" uuhhhh...thanks." she was still nice though. :)

People I wasn't too impressed with:

PETER MAYHEW!!! My brother is mildly retarded and He has always loved chewbacca for as long as I can remember ,and I stood in line forever ,and when I got up to him, I asked if he could make the picture out too "David" and he looked at me and actaully *yelled* "NO!!" that was really rude of him, and that made me feel really disappointed. It was a major letdown, and that was the only thing I wasnt too happy with. Besides that, I had a blast, and I actually didnt mind waiting in line for decades, i met some extremely cool people, i will never forget C2 for as long as I live. I had the best time of my life.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.