main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Question????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by blueeyedjess, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueeyedjess

blueeyedjess Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Hi everybody.. Sorry to barge in like this, but I am a member of the "Augustan Raiders" here in Augusta, Georgia, and just learned that I might be moving ya'lls way.

My hubby has an interview with the city/state on Monday of next week, and I know NOTHING of the area, other than I have been there a few times for the usual touristy fare.

I would really appreciate anything ya'll can tell me about the area, the schools, the best ( and cheapest ) side of town, just about anything that comes to mind.

My hubby has a buddy in Lutz, and from what I have seen it is a fairly expensive area. I live out in the boonies here, and am looking for something similar in your area.

Minor Background for you:
    Basically, I am a Star Wars geekette, with 2 kids, one 13 and one 15 months old. I am a AVID reader, at least 10 books a week, and basically very shy. My hubby and I have both been at the JC since before snowboards, and met through another SW site.

I really appreciate it, and look forward to meeting ya'll soon! (keep your fingers crossed about the job. :) )

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi,
    Well, I live on the St. Pete/Clearwater side of the bay area. Yes, it can be expensive, but no stse income tax!!! It is different costs for different areas. However; everything in Pinellas county has gone up, no matter what!!!
    The Tampa side of the bay is also grown a lot and just depends if you want to live in a smaller city type setting or a bigger city area setting or the country further north.
    All in all it just takes looking and hunting alot to find things out that work best for you.
    Good luck and hopefully we will meet you soon.
    Marie

3. blueeyedjess

blueeyedjess Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    First off:THanks for the info.

Second: I live in a very small area now, just outside of Augusta, and would love to be somewhere similar. I don't think we can afford Lutz, which is in my hubby's mind first. :p But I would love to know where to look at. I have searched the apartment sites.. such a disapointment. The rents are wild compaired to her, and I would really rather rent a house to begin with, I have to find something with a decent middle school, but the area is huge in compairison with here, so I am a bit lost. :D

I'm an ex-Army wife, so I have moved quite a bit, but usually just to places with a base, and people I knew. This is the first time I will be flying bind into somewhere, and am looking for back ground. I hope to go to nursing school around there, and will have to find a decent daycare, so I have alot of requirements. :p

Hubby is heading ya'lls way on Saturday, to check the area out, and hopefully bring back some booklets on rentals. Is there a local newpaper that's best or a "IWANTA" magazine for the area? ( The IWANTA is local here, it has cars, boats, rentals, houses, etc for sale and such?) I'd love to be able to tell him what to look for. Or even a realtor in your area that is good at this sort of thing?

Thanks! Jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.