main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by citizen-tom, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    As far as I know, FanForce is only for cities or countys, in my school, a bunch of people have begun a Star Wars club in school, I have been asked to see if we could/would be able to start a FanForce for our school... As we are already very big in community service and organizing events...., We wanted to know if we could start a FanForce for strictly members of a school and/or school district...

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Don't you want to join a chapter in your area and meet other fans? :)

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    We wanted to know if we could start a FanForce for strictly members of a school and/or school district...

Hmmm... Fanforce was established so any Star Wars fan could get together with other fans. The proposed above removes the any from the equation, so I'd say that doesn't qualify to be a Fanforce. Now, you have the right to create your own private club. It just won't be endorsed by TFN Fanforce.

Hope that helps. ;)

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I, on the other hand, would encourage you to start your club!

You can still be a FanForce chapter as well, as long as you have your meetings at a time and location that is generally available to the public.

So if you can get 3 members from your school online, and hold a meeting at, say a coffee shop, and its advertised, it should count.

Really the biggest concern with your idea is that it would be limited to only a school, that goes against what FanForce is, but certainly using the fan base in a school to get initial membership is fine.

Only other concern I'd see, as far as official FF status is your City Rep does need to be 18 for legal reasons.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm afraid I'll have to insist that an official chapter be at the very minimum city-wide. If the only people in that city forum happen to be from your school, so be it. Remember, eventually, all of you will graduate from school. I think you might prefer to have a group you can still participate in after graduation.

As stated above, we try to keep FanForce groups as inclusive as possible. Heck, the Nashville, Tennessee forum has people attending meetings from Kentucky and Arkansas. If we start making the groups too exclusive, we miss out on a big fan base and people that would otherwise be making valuable contributions to the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.