main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Question

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TD0690, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Are any of you guys into costuming?

Or are any of you interested in it?

2. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Not really no, but getting interested in it would be a maybe. I never ruled it out completly. Why do you ask?

3. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    I was just wondering. I'm obviously into it and it's a lot of fun.

Plus when you start having meetings it'd be fun to go in costume.

If everyone in the TFF (when there is one) gets into it then you could do events and it's even more reason to get together and hang out.

4. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    I am quite interested. I recently received my Stormtrooper armor, and I'm working on the blaster at the moment - as well as putting the armor together.

(I guess this message is a bit late, but oh well :) )

~ AoErat

5. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Cool! :D

A tip for the armor is that ABS cement is your friend and don't use the velcro that comes with the kit... you've been warned. If you need anymore tips I'd be more than happy to share them with you.

Are you doing your own blaster or a kit?

Are you going to join the 501st?

6. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    Hi TD0690,

Yep, as I've read, the velcro that comes with the kit isn't the best for securing the pieces. I figure the ABS glue and a couple rivets should do the job. I could use any tips you've got. ;)

As for my blaster - I'm building it from scratch. If you are interested, here is a link to a few pics.

The goal was to join the 501st, but since they recently added the 18-and-up only rule, it looks like I'll have to wait a bit. I figure by then I'll be able to get my Stormtrooper all decked out. :) And of course there is no 501st Garrison down here, so there isn't much I'd be able to do. I really want to go trooping once my costume is done but I guess it'll be a one man party. :)

~ AoErat

7. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Cool, when I have enough free time I'll send you all the different mods that you should do and maybe even pics if I can ever get that much time.

As for your blaster, it's coming along nicely.

Are you gonna be a Sandtrooper or Stormtrooper?

The 501st has always had the 18-and-up rule, they just modified it slightly recently. When you're old enough, your garrison is gonna be the Dune Sea Garrison. Right now the DSG is the garrison for all of AZ. In fact we used to have a guy in Tucson but we found out that he was insane and he is no longer a part of our group.

BTW, how old are you?

Maybe after you get your armor finished, I could come down there for a day and we could go troopin'. ?[face_plain]

Besides when you only have one person walking around in armor, that's sometimes enough to stir up more interest in the area. :) If you ever run into a guy that has clean Stormy or Boba Fett gear and says he's from the DSG, stay away from him.

8. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey when I get sandtrooper armor in the near future I would love to go troopin', I don't want to get my armor too soon though because I might grow out of it.

9. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Your getting Sandtrooper armor Nass? Im
    going to get normal Stormtrooper armor :D

10. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    darthspino, just remember that the clean boys are the mindless idiots that can't shoot and have a short life span.

Where as us dirty troopers are intelligent, more independant, can shoot and don't get killed! :D

11. plokoon3

plokoon3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
  12. plokoon3

plokoon3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    MAN,well put TD0690

13. plokoon3

plokoon3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
  14. plokoon3

plokoon3 Jedi Youngling