main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Questions about buying online

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Out of curiousity, I've been browsing the star wars listings at trademe, recently.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means when the buyer says they will accept direct credit, or a bank deposit.

Does this mean they give you their bank account number, and there's some way for you to directly credit their account from your own? Do you do this automatically over the phone, or do you have to speak to a customer services rep? Also, do banks usually put fees on that kind of thing?

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Direct deposit meaans they give you there bank and there account name and you can either go to that bank and fill out a deposit slip and put the money in there banch at any branch or use online banking to do it

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    thats right. its probably the most efficient way of paying for an auction within NZ, the seller supplies bank account details and you either go to their specified bank and deposit the cash manually or setup a payment online from your own account (providing your bank offers online services).

To deposit the money over the counter won't cost you anything, (just like making a deposit into your own account) but an online transaction will depending on your bank and whether youre transferring between two different types of Bank.

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Thanks for the info, guys.

Everything is so electronic these days, I haven't actually physically deposited anything at a bank since someone last gave me a check, a few years back.

Withdrawals ... I probably wouldn't know how to fill out the form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.