main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions about grappling hooks and liguid cable launchers

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JacenKatarnC3PX, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    I've read many books, from the Jedi Apprentice series to the ROTS novelization. One thing they talk about in the Jedi Apprentice series is a device called a liquid cable launcher. Does anybody have any idea what one looks like? Because I know they aren't guns like the Naboo had, and I'm pretty sure they aren't a huge big thing you strap to your belt like Luke had in ESB. So what does it look like, and how big is it. Pictures would be nice.

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    It's similar to the Naboo gun. Basically, the launcher has a small tank of liquid, which when fired solidifies into a cable. Check out the Databank entry on the Ascension Gun for more. :)

I_F

3. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    But it can't be a gun. We would see Jedi running around everywheer with big bulges under their claoks. Plus they would use the guns. I was wondering if the picture of a certain device under Qui Gon Jinn's section (in the Episode I Visual Dictionary). I think it was the one with they spike on the end. Any suggestion's on that?

4. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Well they probably make detachable ones. Or the jedi could just rip it off the Naboo guns. Either way, its not exclusively a weapon attachment.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Liquid Cable Dispenser

Cable dispensers contain a special liquid that instantly solidfies upon contact with either atmospher or vacuum to form a tough, lightweight, flexible cable. The dispenser contains enough liquid for 20 meters of cable and is refillable at authorized outlets. The cable is capable of supporting up to 500 kilograms of weight.

The dispenser weighs 0.2kg

This is from the Star Wars d20 Revised Corerule book.

6. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    Thanks Mith. Was there any pictures with that?

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  8. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    Hey Mitth. If you have the Ep I Visual Dictionary, plz tell me if I'm right. On the bottom of Qui Gon's second page, there is a section called Jedi Field Gear. It has 2 items. I think the top one might be a Liquid Cable Launcher, but I'm not sure.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Nope. i dont have it.

10. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    Oh. Too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.