main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Questions about technology.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by IG Lancer, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    I have a couple questions about technology, and rather than starting several threads, I thought of creating a thread where everybody could make their questions and have them answered.

I will start:

-Do we know if normal non-clone people can benefit from flash training and memory implants?

I know that flash training makes crappy clone soldiers, but near-instant adquisition of the knowledge of how operate weapons, tools, starships, computers...etc. would save people a lot of valuable time, even if they would need some practice to become skilled afterwards.

-How difficult is to crash a starship at hyperspace speed against a planet?

I know the Quaestor starship accidentally destroyed Pammat (literally "shattered it to the core"), but, do we know if it has happened more times? And if so, how difficult is it? In a novel Tarkin wondered why the rebels wouldn't try to destroy the DS-1 project by crashing a capital starship at hyperspace speed against Sentinel Base...

Taking into account that there are droid pilots what could be programmed to be kamikazes, why doesn't people try it?

And if it's possible, wouldn't it make the Star Destroyer a MUCH less impressive weapon? Yes, it's big, and the planets it destroys get turned into debris, but any space jockey with a rigged old bulk transport and a rigged astromech could essentially do the same, only the planet's halves would stay together instead of turning into debris floating around...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.