main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions about the kaiburr crystal

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by darthardor, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthardor

darthardor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005

What is the kaiburr crystal

what color/colors is it

can it be used for a lightsaber

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    darthardor posted on 5/7/05 11:53am

What is the kaiburr crystal

what color/colors is it

can it be used for a lightsaber
    [hr][/blockquote]
    The Kaiburr Crystal is a red gemstone which is capable of enhancing a person's Force sensitivity. When whole, it was also capable of healing grevious injuries. It is one of the most powerful crystals that can be used in lightsabers, but for the unique and rather disappointing property that its power diminished the further away it was from Temple of Pomojema, its "home". So unless you want to be Jedi-in-Chief in the Temple for the rest of your life, then it's rather useless in a saber.

I_F

3. darthardor

May 7, 2005
    thanks youve been most helpful

4. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    So unless you want to be Jedi-in-Chief in the Temple for the rest of your life, then it's rather useless in a saber.

That's incorrect. It's been in the saber of two rather notable Jedi--you can put it in the Exile's blade, and Luke has a saber with it as the crystal. It heightens the connection to the Force slightly for the Exile (technically it's +3 WIS, +3 CON, and 3 REG), and Luke says it produced a beam of remarkable clarity or something of the sort.

5. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Actually looks Saber that had the Crystal in it was only a hsard of the Kaiburr. I was shattered he was only able to recover a shard of it to be used.

6. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Right, if you were to use the WHOLE crystal, it would be useless...

And by EXILE...your speaking of KOTOR II right?

7. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Pellaeon-Firke posted on 5/8/05 10:48am
    [i]So unless you want to be Jedi-in-Chief in the Temple for the rest of your life, then it's rather useless in a saber. [/i]

That's incorrect. It's been in the saber of two rather notable Jedi--you can put it in the Exile's blade, and Luke has a saber with it as the crystal. It heightens the connection to the Force slightly for the Exile (technically it's +3 WIS, +3 CON, and 3 REG), and Luke says it produced a beam of remarkable clarity or something of the sort.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Ah, Shaddup. I was only going off the CUSWE. It had nothing about RPGs in it. :p

I_F

8. ShaakTi

ShaakTi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2004
    Isn't the KOTOR series not EU anyway? From what I understand it's been marked as infinities since it contradicts the EU AND movies.

9. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    No, KOTOR's storyline is C-Canon (as far as I'm aware - has there been new developments?). Because it's a game, the gameplay, stats, etc. are not canon. Plus, with the alternate endings, I believe that the lightside ending is canon from KOTOR I, and I'm not sure about KOTOR II. :)

I_F

10. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    whoops earleir i meant Lukes saber...sheesh....i was typing crooked that day....i swear i wasnt drinking it only looked that way....

And on the games being canon or not..there has been debate whether it wil be lightside or darkside ending that will be used as well as the issue of male or female revan....Lucas and the lot may very well mvoe it to the infinities catergory for the differings arguments that can be presented..but only time will tell

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    From what I understand it's been marked as infinities since it contradicts the EU AND movies.

How exactly?

Information from the games appears on the OS Databank, so it's as canon as any book or game.

12. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    {Points to his explaination above}

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's useless as a Force enhancement, but it's a rather effective saber crystal, as others have mentioned.

The Kaiburr crystal is used in Leia's first lightsaber which Luke constructed: the one with the ruby blade.

14. Kel_Dar

Kel_Dar Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Actually, I believe the KOTOR ending is the dark side variant as there is a Sith holocron on Korriban that Bastilla made. Also everything points to Revan as being Sith, though before or after the game is kind of sketchy.

As far as KOTOR2, I believe the "official" ending is the light side variant. This has the exile dissappear, where as dark Side has him/her remain on Malachor V. I think if that were actually the case a new batch of Sith would have arisen...but who know until KOTOR3 comes out.

15. darthardor

May 7, 2005
    So the a kaiburr crystal is most powerful crystal that can be used in a lightsaber?

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, I believe the KOTOR ending is the dark side variant as there is a Sith holocron on Korriban that Bastilla made. Also everything points to Revan as being Sith, though before or after the game is kind of sketchy.

Wrong. If one plays KOTORII so that Revan is made a Jedi once more, then the holocron on Korriban is no longer of Bastila's creation.

17. darthardor

May 7, 2005
    So what is the best crystal to use for a lightsaber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.