main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Questions about the KC Fan Force

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthBarbieDoll, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Ok, even though I am not at all new to the Star Wars craze, I've had it since 1977.. lol, as a resident of the KC area I do have some newbie KC Fan Force questions:

1. Are there meetings anywhere in person or online?

2. Who organizes stuff?

3. How many members are in the Fan Force?

4. Is there any kind of member contact list?

Ok that ought to start the ball rolling a bit. Because at Walmart last night, it's quite obvious there are fans in the area. It just doesn't seem like as many post here and it might be nice to get it more active, like the other chapters. Is the KC Fan Force an offcially recognized chapter, btw?

2. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I can't answer any of your questions, but I will tell you this board is mad quiet, I used to watch it but gave up from boredom and non existance. KC fans just don't have the same enthusiasm as other cities.

3. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Hey there! There's enthusiasm here! Maybe I have too much or something.. kinda talking to myself here a bit..

Anywho.. I went to Denver and I'm going to Indianapolis. I can't wait! It's going to be a great time. I am an avid collector and still have a great deal of my memorabilia/figures from 1977 and I love to roleplay. I have met alot of great SWFans online as well.

I actually like going to local conventions as well. Slanted Fedora does a great job of putting on conventions in the KC area. I went to the one recently where Shatner was one of the main guests. Pretty cool. Yes, I like ST too, but SW will always come first in my book.

4. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    DarthBarbieDoll

I know where you're coming from...people in Kansas are just new to the whole thing. It is gonna take sometime to wake them up and tell them what for.

There is an online fan club for Kansas and Missouri SW fan clubs, but they are more geared to collecting toys...and that is about it. And the only true way to get involved is to costume...but that is only if you have enoug patience to sit and sew:eek:

But i hear ya, come on kansas people let's get it together!!!!! Forget what the others think let's go ahead and make ourselves.

DarthBarbieDoll...welcome board and may the force be with you:)

5. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    I've enthusiasm, but I refuse to share it with Fan Force. I choose to limit my attentions to this board by flaming news anchors and local personalities.

6. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Howdy rayrayray, are you in KC too? I agree that it's rather quiet around here, that's for sure..

Hiya there brat-of-kansas! Great to meet you, and thanks for the welcome!

And well, Lost in Coruscant.. guess we won't be talking much here if you're not going to talk about Star Wars, so see you around.

7. GlennB

GlennB Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 1999
    DarthBarbieDoll (and anyone else who wants to) you should come check out the Kansas Star Wars Club and the Missouri Star Wars Club. There are a ton more people posting there and the MO one even has people meeting in KC and St. Louis. Haven't had an organized Kansas meeting but that's beside the point. And by the way, we don't just discuss collecting on those boards, it's just been that with the new stuff coming out earlier this week that has been the main topic recently. Doug has put together these two great sites. Come check us out!

www.ksswc.com
    www.moswc.com

Glenn

8. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Hiya Glenn! Nice to meet you. And thanks for the links and the invite. :)

9. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    try moswc.com (Missouri Star Wars Club)

There is a good following there.

10. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Hi Lordstimpy! Thanks for the info. :)

So um, how come not alot of people post here? It's a pretty nice board.. and www.theforce.net is my favorite place to get the latest SW info. I even have it set as my home page for IE.. so I am just wondering why more KC folks aren't here..

11. Qui-George

Qui-George Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    A lot of us K.C. Fans got together and decided that we did not want a FanForce here in the city, due to the FanForce or TheForce.net not able to meet our high expectations. We have a website for collectors and fans that does not have to meet anyone's expectations but our own. Our meetings are informal but fun to be involved in, our members help each other with items they are missing, and everyone in the K.C. area feels that this is more than adequate. Ther will be no FanForce in Kansas City, and we couldn't feel better about it! Feel free to visit www.moswc.com and become a member, because we can always welcome another Star Wars fan!!

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm originally from SEK and I check the boards periodically...I'll be coming home sometime this summer or this fall...if you guys ever organize any meetings during that time, let me know, I'll be there.

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    QG: I think you must be a bit mistaken on what exactly a FF group is. It doesn't have to be formal, and pretty much what you said of your group is what most other FF groups are...

In Denver we have VERY informal meetings, we all get together, have a meal, chitchat about SW and do whatever. We have set up little sub-groups just for fun that have to do with collecting, costuming and prop making, doing SW graphics, and SW gaming. We're all just there to help each other out on all those matters and just be a big group of Star Wars friends.

14. Qui-George

Qui-George Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    JediDragon, I am a very intelligent person, and am not mistaken in this matter. I am glad your FanForce works for your group, but others and myself are well-educated in this matter and have decided against it. Thanks for trying to clear the air but the vision I have is 20-20 on this matter, as is the vision of others in our group . Our group has been productive as far as friendship and fandom of the Star Wars Saga will not have "FanForce' attached to it.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Whatever floats your boat...but being associated with Fan Force is always a good way to add new members. Whatever works for you though, I won't tell you to change or anything.

Don't expect me to just join right up as soon as I move back to Ks though. :p

16. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    So.. basically if brat-of-kansas and I and maybe some others wanted to start a Fan Force in KC, then we could.. right?

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yup, all you have to do is have 3 meetings with at least 3 people in attendance at each and you're an official FF group.

18. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Only three people? That's a surprisingly low number.. So, are there any perks or cool stuff for being an official FF group?

19. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    umm...yeah, you get to say "hey, we're an official fanforce" :)

After you're official you can come up with your own icon and board theme and all that good stuff. Mainly it's just so you can be official.

20. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Well that sounds like lots of fun then. :) I already have one person interested in being in the KC Fan Force who lives by me and we think we have more around us too. So hopefully we might get some things going for a KC Fan Force after all.

I have some experience in web design and I have looked at the other Fan Force sites and icons so far, and I'm fairly certain those things could be taken care of. I also like working on graphics anyway. I just think things might be looking up for some of us KC fans who do want a Fan Force. ;) So, if anyone has any ideas or would like to help me out in getting things going, just drop me an e-mail at:

dark_holocron@fanforce.net

I think this could be alot of fun!

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    if you guys do start a FF, I would be glad to be an unofficial member even if I don't live in KS right now. And if I ever get my own computer, just let me know if you need any help with the web design for graphics.

22. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Sounds great! Just drop me an e-mail or private message sometime. :)

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    no problem. I just have to get my computer (which might take awhile), but once I do, I love doing web design and graphics anyway, so I'd love to help out...

I'll probably be the most active member of Denver's graphics group as soon as I get my computer anyway :)

24. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Awesome.. you're officially enlisted to help out with the graphics! Yay!

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    sweet, I can't wait to get my computer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.